Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Virginia Water move in

BFR

Yeah not sure about this deal… and that’s a long way for them to relocate to, although it’s not like they would have big support. I’m hoping the club keep all income from this deal (rent, food and drink). But just concerned the extra pitch usage bearing in mind the pitch has maybe 2 years left, this deal will bring it about a lot quicker. But it could be good in that our EDS players have a stepping stone to senior football by being allowed to play for VW.

5 minutes ago, BFR said:

They were playing at Stag Meadow recently, so not too much further 

Wonder why they’ve moved as you’d think Windsor would be cheaper? Maybe they liked the fact they could use our better EDS players?

According to the news item on the website, Ashley Smith said “This will provide additional senior football for the local community to watch whilst offering our young players a senior platform for their development.”, so it seems there's some arrangement regarding them playing our development players.

We've already discussed (on one of the other threads) why sides like Chalvey Sports and Langley FC both moved out of Arbour Park, or why the Slough Town Challenge Cup is still being held at Burnham, so this is an encouraging sign.

Hopefully they will stay here longer than Uxbridge or Windsor!

I know VW are looking to build a new ground just down the road from The Timbers, I was at their place a few times in the last couple of years with my lad when playing against them and they showed me the plans and where they are hoping to build.

Still a couple of seasons at least away though, some good people at WV.

I think this is brilliant news for all involved (including me :)). Having watched VW 7-8 times this year them being at Arbor Park now means a slightly shorter drive and far better facilities than at Windsor (no tea bar and the less said about the toilet facilities the better).

Good move for VW as the surface at Arbor Park if nothing else avoids the potential of games being called off.

I think for Slough, its a great situation as they will clearly be paying rent etc but also, the dual reg and loan situation will give players on the fringes of the team, injured players and also the EDS side ways to play and develop which I'm sure has been discussed between the 2 clubs.

Already looking forward to next season with this one.