Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town 1 Ware 0

John, Campbell, Magona, Gant, Stephens, Tickner, Velandia, Hall, Crace, Afriyie, Negus, Hammatt, Jones, Hunt, Nyman, Disco.

Gate 441

This has to be the best performance by a town side this year (2007) at home. The score-line truly flattered Ware thanks to a superb display by Luke Woods in goal. The might have been a new kid on the block but Ricci Crace wanted to show him he was no slouch and very early on he cracked one and how Woods saved it is a miracle. Minutes later he had a header saved. At the other end Ware shot wide and a header was easily saved by JJ. Ricci and Owusu were linking well. Kevin S hounding the attackers. A Ware free kick was charged down. Finally on 29 minute a touch of greatness from Owusu as he picked the ball up on the right side of the box and he was dancing gazelle like past defenders in the box, on to Velandia who continued the run across the box and finally to Ricci Crace on the left who nailed it. 1 – 0. Beautiful football. Whenever you looked Gant seemed to be down on the ground injured and you were not quite sure how and why he was there? Suddenly it was Ricci Crace’s turn for the strange injuries. These guys were good at their task you didn’t see them taking the players out. A town player went down (think it was Crace) in the box no penalty. Looked a good call to be honest. To watch Afriyie turn his man was a joy to behold, a nightmare if you had the job of marking him. Afriyie is only little but with four players around him he still out-jumped the defence. Steve Velandia crosses to Ricci Crace who almost sets Owusu in there. Nice idea. End of the first half and town looked comfortable and yes classy.

Second half David Allen on for Adam Gant. Good to have a new slim-line version of Disco back. An awesome move from Owusu to Rudi who forced an equally brilliant save from Woods again. Dean Nyman on for Mattie Negus (Fresh pair of legs) to continue a good job. Deano and Owusu doing a great one two but blocked. At the other Ware earned a rather generous free kick which was blocked. JJ punched away. Old habits returned as town defender deeper than need be. Ricci Crace being fouled off the park by Ware – As a former player for ware they know how good he is. Rudi and PC linking well with one twos for PC to be fouled. Free Kick shot over bar by PC. Rudi shot wide from corner. Simon Tickner tackling back crucially. Steve V sandwiched by two defenders. Ricci shut down Owusu blocked – Our boys getting crunched out there. PC fouled ref gets his book out. At the other end Kevin S makes crucial clearance and JJ saves a header. A lovely one two between PC and Rudi.

This is more like the town we love. A buzz of expectation and some lovely football.

Great advantage played by the referee who could have given a free kick outside the box and then possibly a penalty before we scored from the resultant mazy run and shot.

I see from the programme notes from yesterday's game that the Enfield Council has offered our 'tenants', BSSC, a new 30 year lease! We taken over then?

I know you were. I think our esteemed chairman meant "Landlord" and the alcohol turned it into tenants. But then again maybe he knows something else with all the suits and charming our guests yesterday?

I also saw our Nigerian scout came home yesterday. Not too many players coming through that channel at present though? Maybe he will be inspired by our most excellent Ghanaian connections?

I liked the Ghanaian Owusu. The town midfield and forwards have often appeared static this season. Owusu was a real bundle to mark. At one stage in the first half play was down around our penalty area and there was the attack and midfield standing hoping for something to happen and the little Ghanaian was hopping around looking as if something was going to happen.

He has a real football brain.

Originally Posted By: Steph

Yes a great talent! It was good so many of the local Ghanaian community came along to support him too!

IF the rest of the squad learn one thing from him I truely hope it is how to role off a defender - that was a pleasure to the eye to watch.

Originally Posted By: Rhymenreason
Originally Posted By: Steph

Yes a great talent! It was good so many of the local Ghanaian community came along to support him too!

IF the rest of the squad learn one thing from him I truely hope it is how to role off a defender - that was a pleasure to the eye to watch.

Are you putting him down as a 'role' model for the other players then?

Yes and no. No they are in the team on merit and great skill. Yes we never stop learning and some of his skills are silky and could help our players reach new heights especially if we were fortunate enough to go up.

I remember one week we watched premiership players do a triple dummy for the last player in the line to nail it past the keeper. The following week our team tried it. It didn't come off but hey they had a go.

Good game of football against Ware. ETFC's new Ghanian striker looked very skilful but I thought he struggled with the pitch at times. You can see he is used to playing football at a higher level. Let's hope we can hang onto him for some time.

Negus had a great game until he pulled his hamstring. It was good to see him back at his best. Velandia and Afiyie so clever on the ball :-) and Crace looked sharp too. Fluent display all round, except as has happened several times this season, we have not taken enough of our goal scoring chances.

Tomorrow night against Canvey will be interesting. If we play as well as we did on Saturday, we should do well.

Anybody know what has happened to Braithwaite and Opoka?