Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Punishment cut for AFC Wimbledon

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
the fact remains that most non league football fans and officials are appalled at the FA's decision...

Fact? Oh dear. Difficult to take seriously the words of someone who thinks they can magically divine what most non-league football fans think. This 'fact' of yours is nothing of the kind. And you, of all people, should know to be careful of judging matters based on a few forum posts on the internet.

Quote:
the time to do that however is at the AGM...not by maverick action from a football club because they have been caught out followed by ridiculous forum posts from arrogant fans trying to justify it..

No, the time to mount an appeal against a draconian punishment is when the Ryman League and FA say you can - which is precisely what the club did. Does that make this post of mine 'ridiculous' and me 'arrogant'? Or does it just make it accurate and reasonable? I know, why don't you let us know what every non-league fan would think - you seem to think you're qualified to...

they certainly represent facts from where I'm sitting but then again you would not understand much about anyone else's views would you...(do you actually go to afcw games?) and how you can berate me for posting a view based on factual evidence on the one hand and then smugly state that its wrong on the other just about sums your clubs attitude up...'we are always right and you are always wrong'...

I never mentioned the appeal....I mentioned changing the rules....and the only time to do that is at the AGM...in fact its the only time it can legally be done...you haven't really achieved anything by the way you have approached this except to ridicule your club further in the eyes of most non league fans as can be witnessed from most forums...including your posts on here...

the posturing and bullying of some of your fans is arrogant and ridiculous as were the threats made to our league chairman and that is my opinion......

they certainly represent facts from where I'm sitting but then again you would not understand much about anyone else's views would you...

Facts or views then? I see no evidence at all for your claim that, "the fact remains that most non league football fans and officials are appalled at the FA's decision". Blustering on about other things won't make that claim stand up any better than it did in the first place.

and how you can berate me for posting a view based on factual evidence

What factual evidence? You patently obviously have not shown that most non-league fans are appalled at the decision.

on the one hand and then smugly state that its wrong on the other just about sums your clubs attitude up...'we are always right and you are always wrong'...

I don't speak for the club, just for myself. I am perfectly happy to be proved wrong about things and sometimes I am. However, in this instance, you don't have anything to back up your wild claim about what most non-league fans think. Besides, I don't have to be right for you to be wrong - which you are.

I never mentioned the appeal....I mentioned changing the rules....and the only time to do that is at the AGM...in fact its the only time it can legally be done...you haven't really achieved anything by the way you have approached this except to ridicule your club further in the eyes of most non league fans as can be witnessed from most forums...including your posts on here...

Ridicule? I think you'll find that, even if they disagree with what's happened, most people will do anything but ridicule a group of people who managed to get a question responded to by the PM, an EDM signed by dozens of MPs and a 10,000 signature petition supported by fans across the country. Pretty impressive stuff really, whether it achieved anything or not.

As for when to change the rules, it requires a fuller understanding of how things are done. Since the rules are now standardised across all leagues, including the Ryman, under the FA's (and FIFA's) banner, to have any chance of changing them (across all leagues), one first has to demonstrate to the FA that a rule needs changing. Which, it would appear, Wimbledon may just have achieved. Step one. Now let's see what happens next, shall we?

the posturing and bullying of some of your fans is arrogant and ridiculous as were the threats made to our league chairman and that is my opinion......

I find your posturing and bullying arrogant and ridiculous, but fortunately I know that you are just an individual and are not typical of all fans of your club, and therefore I will not be tarring them all with the same brush. As for threats made to anyone, they should not be tolerated and anyone with information about people threatening someone else should contact the authorities.

Sorry, can't work out how to quote previous text!

UU - the dodgy allegations i referred to were yours about who we purchased KM from.

The "afc boycott" has never happened to my knowledge and tends to be nonsense on the internet. Some people decide not to attend fixtures for various reasons (I didn't go to Carshalton, some prefer to swerve Ramsgate etc) but I can't remember any organised boycott.

Also, why do you doubt we will play each other next season? Your lot are all but promoted already and there's a fair chance we will not go up.

I appreciate you don't like us and that is unlikely to change, but do you realise that you come over as one-eyed as you say some of our lot do?

afcw excell in threats do they not...

threatening to boycott grounds...threatening expensive legal action when the dummy has been spat out...threatening officials of MK Dons..threatening ryman league officials....threatening libel actions over forum posts...it goes on and on...

now your rhetoric and penchant for half quotes and innuendos failed miserably on most points but super duper abysmally on one...

how many afcw games do you watch....? grin

afcw excell in threats do they not...

No. Where would you get a strange idea like that?

threatening to boycott grounds...

Ah yes, because of course you go to every ground every week right? You never ever pick and choose where to spend your money. Silly nonsense. One man's boycott is another man's spending choice.

threatening expensive legal action when the dummy has been spat out...

Expensive? When a barrister offers their services for free, it's a fool who turns them down. Perhaps you are bitter because your own legal defences have cost far more over the years?

threatening officials of MK Dons..

What are you talking about? This is an unfounded allegation that you should back up or withdraw. Remember your comment about ridicule? Well it's you who are ridiculing yourself with unfounded nonsense like this.

threatening ryman league officials....

Do you have any evidence whatsoever that threats have been made by Wimbledon fans? No? I thought not. Be very careful what you allege about a club when you have nothing to back it up.

threatening libel actions over forum posts...

If that upsets you, then it's best not to try to libel anyone. You've made a number of unsupported allegations which you have completely failed to back up. Remind me again, who's supposed to be looking ridiculous?

it goes on and on...

Yes, you certainly do - but to no apparent purpose.

now your rhetoric and penchant for half quotes and innuendos failed miserably on most points but super duper abysmally on one...

how many afcw games do you watch....? grin

All of them? None of them? What's your point? Threads are supposed to remain on topic right? So how would this be relevant? Perhaps you should re-read your own posting rules - seems you've forgotten some of them.

Originally Posted By: TRS
Sorry, can't work out how to quote previous text!

press on quote and it appears in your reply box...bathwomble knows how to do it grin

UU - the dodgy allegations i referred to were yours about who we purchased KM from.

not allegations...fact...you bought the ground out from under kingstonian's noses from the dodgy owner khosolo (sic)

The "afc boycott" has never happened to my knowledge and tends to be nonsense on the internet. Some people decide not to attend fixtures for various reasons (I didn't go to Carshalton, some prefer to swerve Ramsgate etc) but I can't remember any organised boycott.

I know...it is used as a threat to keep gobby upstarts in their place

Also, why do you doubt we will play each other next season? Your lot are all but promoted already and there's a fair chance we will not go up.

I think you will go up and I hope you do

I appreciate you don't like us and that is unlikely to change, but do you realise that you come over as one-eyed as you say some of our lot do?

I neither like or dislike any club...and I am sure your majority are hard working good footie people...but I do take exception to some of your fans dictating opinions to others on forums..a perfect example is the old retired curmudgeon from bath who will sit on forums all day and night quoting and misquoting but never goes to games

well we got there in the end....

you don't actually go and watch afcw play.... grin

Ah, the tired old notion that attendance record makes one person's opinion more valid than another's.

Read what I wrote again, it says absolutely nothing about how many games I attend. You can carry on guessing, but since it's entirely irrelevant to the discussion, I won't be enlightening you. I never indulge in pointless willy-waving over 'perfect' attendance record and the like. While it is to be applauded when someone gets to every game, it doesn't make someone's opinion any more or less valid.

As for seeking to characterise me as an 'old retired curmudgeon', you are once again simply making things up. You don't know the first thing about me. You say I misquote when I don't - show me where I ever have. Not so good on the facts and the truth, now are you?

Quote:
press on quote and it appears in your reply box...bathwomble knows how to do it grin

wahey!

Quote:
not allegations...fact...you bought the ground out from under kingstonian's noses from the dodgy owner khosolo (sic)

Weren't you alleging he's an arms dealer or something?

Quote:
I think you will go up and I hope you do

I don't share your confidence! You only hope we do so you don't have to boycott your away fixture grin Congratulations on your impending promotion/championship by the way.

Quote:
I neither like or dislike any club...and I am sure your majority are hard working good footie people...but I do take exception to some of your fans dictating opinions to others on forums.

Fair enough then.

ha ha...well done on the quoting and we most likely won't stop you now....you are only a short step away from being able to misquote as well.... grin

you have to understand that our club was treated very harshly by the FA and the Inland Revenue when others have simply rolled over and walked away scott free.....we therefore have little truck with anyone else getting away with owt...

that said its all over with and we must move on...I have had my say and someone else is surely in need of a little UU vitriol and banter....and if we do meet up with you next year I am certain you will enjoy the urchin experience as indeed I am sure that we shall also enjoy our visit to the wombles stolen abode....... grin

you may even have one extra west country womble supported by his zimmer frame and abusing me from the terraces of kingsmeadow as well .... chainsaw...

I may even come and stand amongst you.... yay

Your posts seem to judge AFCW as guilty, but guilty of what. Have any of you bothered to read the official statement issued by the Ryman League.

What error did AFCW make.

The person completing the transfer verification to the league entered AFCW as the last club Darlington played for, and the club he was transfering to. (nothing more than a genuine administration error)

What action did the adminstrator at the Ryman League office take.

None, they failed to verify the club from which Darlington transfered and cleared him to play. Had the adminstrator bothered to ring AFCW the error would never have occurred.

It is therefore the Ryman League's error in clearing him to play that caused this fiasco.

In addition the breached rule is not even applied by the Premier or Football leagues so why do non league clubs have to apply it. It breaches European law in respect of freedom of movement and employment within EEC member states

look you cheated an d should of been docked 18 points but because you know a few people in high places you got away with it and the ryman hasn't got a leg to stand on because they don't want to basically bankrupt every other club in the league by standing up for themselves.You are the non league chelsea,hated by all because of your arrogance.In fact i wouldn't be at all surprised if the majority of your fans actually support chelsea but can't get tickets at the bridge!

How many times have you written your surname in the christian name box on a form, or vise versa? Everyone has done it.

The secretary of the Ryman league says all we did wrong was to put the wrong name in the box for the club Darlington moved from so that they could clear him internationally.

So why doesn't he admit that HIS administrators equally erred by failing to check the form properly when submitted?

We simply transferred an English player, playing for a club in an English league to a club playing in a minor English league. WE DON'T PLAY INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL so why would we need international clearance?.

If the Premier and Football league do not recognise the rule why is it used by minor leagues?

As for whether or not there are any Wimbledon Dons left, yes I was born in Wimbledon but now live in Battersea.

As for who we know thats laughable.

We were created by fans for the fans. We have no financial input other than sponsorship, gate money and money raised by an army of fans. Everything we do is done to some extent via our fan base, including legal representation. Every penny the club has is hard earned. If you were legally qualified and your club need representation would you not give it freely. A true fan would.

HA HA Urchin, just read your post re our stolen abode. It just goes to show you know nothing.

Kingstonian were in danger of folding due to debts. We stepped in and purchased the lease to Kingsmeadow, (using money raised from and by fans), and areed to them ground sharing for a nominal rent thereby securing their short term future.

We at AFCW care about football and our neighbours and will do anything we can to help fans. Thats why we have fans in most towns and cities in the UK, does your club?

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
look you cheated an d should of been docked 18 points but because you know a few people in high places you got away with it and the ryman hasn't got a leg to stand on because they don't want to basically bankrupt every other club in the league by standing up for themselves.You are the non league chelsea,hated by all because of your arrogance.In fact i wouldn't be at all surprised if the majority of your fans actually support chelsea but can't get tickets at the bridge!

Number of problems with that...

1. Wimbledon didn't 'cheat'. There was no reason Darlington couldn't play for the club and, as every authority has accepted, there was no attempt to cheat, never mind any actual cheating. A genuine administrative error is not 'cheating' and anyone who would characterise it as such clearly has an axe to grind that has nothing to do with the case.

2. The 'people in high places' are nice to have, but, unless you are making a very serious allegation against the members of the FA appeals panel, they were not involved with reducing the ludicrously harsh punishment imposed by the Ryman League. Perhaps you should ask the FA just how much difference Wimbledon's friends had on the case?

3. Wimbledon 'got away with' a 3 point penalty, ejection from 2 cups, £12,400 fine - all of which could still end up costing the club promotion this season. This is not a proprtionate penalty for a genuine administrative error - it is very harsh.

4. Why can the Ryman League not abide by the same appeals process that Wimbledon did? If it was so wrong of Wimbledon to consider legal action, why do you now think it would be right of the Ryman League to consider it? I thought you thought that 'rules are rules'?

5. If everyone hates Wimbledon, then please explain the 10,000 signatures (in just a few days), on the petition calling for the points penalty to be reduced? I'm sure there are a number of people who hate Wimbledon for achieving so much, being as well-liked as they are and having the relatively high profile that they do, but don't allow your own prejudices to blind you to reality. Wimbledon are just another football club with both supporters and critics, and pretending otherwise won't change that.