Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Eton Manor 2 Kentish Town 0

Why is this thread called ?

Originally Posted By: NAIL IT
sorry my fault, forgot to put a heading!! got your attention tho anyway!!

I think you can amend the heading as originator of the thread

Originally Posted By: AWK
Hitchin Town 0 Luton Town 3

AWK - Did you go to the game, there is a brief report in today's Non League paper:
"A crowd of 1,264 saw Luton comfortably beat a below strenngth Hitchin XI who had stand in goalkeeper Martin Bennett to thank for keeping the score down. Bennett made two early saves from Paul Furlong before thwarting Bob Sinclair. Hitchin's new signing Darren Spinks cleared off the line when another shot from Sinclair looked goalbound. Sinclair was Luton's biggest threat and went close again when he lobbed just wide. ton at last took the lead just before the break when Kevin Harper scored from 15 yards. Two minutes later Ryan Charles got the second, he took advantage of indecision in the Hitchin defence and netted with a 25 yard shot that went in off the crossbar. Hitchin started the second half well with Mark Ducket sending a left foot drive past the post. But Luton were soon peppering the Hitchin goal again with Ben Strange striking the woodwork. Hitchin's best chances in the second half fell to Carl Drew who shot wide on two occasions. In the 85th minute Luton netted their third when Joel Grant's shot was saved by Hitchin substitute goalkeeper Richard Wilmot but the tall forward followed up to score".

Edgware have PSF at the White Lion Ground against Grays Ath/ wealdstone/ Hendon / Boreham Wood, all who should send down 1st teams.

Our last match is supposed to be Met Police Bushey who we drew with 4-4 yesterday away.

I am running a poll on the Edgware forum asking if the final ever match at the White Lion Ground should be against a BIGGER club either league or non league...what do you think?

Yes I was at Hitchin Rhodes, to be honest I wasn't too impressed with our performance though saying that we did create a fair few chances. We put out a mixture of youth/trialists and new signings but only three or four really stood out for me.

I was hoping that we would have put a stronger side out as the first team are going on a tour of Norway this week so the first chance that mosts fans will get to see the 1st XI will be in two weeks time (and no home matches either!). I just hope that the Norway trip doesn't go as bad as the Cyprus one!!!!!

Still the reserves are at Leighton Town and Rugby over the next week, so I will probably pop down to those.

Originally Posted By: Gavin
Edgware have PSF at the White Lion Ground against Grays Ath/ wealdstone/ Hendon / Boreham Wood, all who should send down 1st teams.

Our last match is supposed to be Met Police Bushey who we drew with 4-4 yesterday away.

I am running a poll on the Edgware forum asking if the final ever match at the White Lion Ground should be against a BIGGER club either league or non league...what do you think?

I think the WLG deserves a big a crowd as possible for the last match Gavin, so therefore a league club if possible mate.

That's what Haringey Borough should have done for their Centenary game on 4 August, there's no harm in asking, my philosophy is if you don't ask you don't get but sadly it's not their Chairman's.

Agreed but it seems that is going to be the final match at the WLG and that its too late to change now, as clubs have already got fixtures that day and the football league season would have started.

How about approaching Barnet for a midweek match early in the season? - a local club and also had issues with their ground in recent years. When we played them in the Herts Senior Cup their team was a mixture of squad players & youngsters. May be worth a try

The thought had crossed my mind, but the match would not be at the White Lion Ground, so its pointless really.

I dont think we can fit in any games now as teams have thier pre season already planned out, and the 14th Aug is after the Football League season starts on the 11th.