Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

I don't care......

....about the apathy on this forum (or the website).

Anyone any thoughts on the game reported below?

St Albans 0 Stevenage Borough 2

Bruce (og) 16

Martin 37

Stevenage fielded a strong squad against local rivals St Albans in what was a game of few chances at Clarence Park on Saturday afternoon. The most noticeable names on the home team being former Borough players Mark Beard and Hector Mackie.

The first chance of the game came after five minutes when Mitchell Cole flashed a shot a few yards wide of the post from just outside the penalty area.

Fifteen minutes in and the deadlock was broken when a John Nutter cross was headed into the St Albans goal by Saints defender Paul Bruce, the goalkeeper making a hash of his attempted save, falling back into the net alongside the ball.

Ten minutes before half time and the second Stevenage goal was tapped in by John Martin after the defence had failed to clear a cross from Mitchell Cole.

Stevenage should have added to their advantage shortly before the interval, but what would have been Ollie Allen’s sixth goal of the pre-season was ruled out by a dubious offside decision.

Chances were few and far between after the interval. Borough’s best chance came with five minutes left on the clock when Paul Hakim brushed past the defence and slid the ball past the keeper, but Martin failed to get a crucial touch and it drifted wide of the goal.

Hi Canary Saint.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, mate. It was a dreadful game of football and the paying customers should have been offered their money back.

It's a pre-season friendly, and it's the first that I've seen so far. Everyone that I have spoken to said that the match against Watford was very good, so for those two reasons, I prefer not to say too much.

However, the Biscuit has to let 'em know that players in the Conference South, let alone those from the Mighty Boro', are going to try to wind up 18 year old opponents and several of 'em need to avoid responding. if each of the psf's had been like that one, we have major problems ahead. But they weren't [i'm told] so a place in Europe remains a realistic target.

Incidentally. Off the pitch it remains "same old, same old" only with less people. Generally, Saturday was a bad day at the office.

Bring on the Dorch.

Originally Posted By: AFF
Hi Canary Saint.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, mate.

I was just a little miffed at the time because I had to go to the Stevenage website to get the result. Still seeing as I couldn't be bothered to actually go to the game..................

Still from what AFF says it looks like I made the right choice

Nobody has mentioned the Barnet game either. Read you won 4-0?

Perhaps it's just an optical illusion? Parallell universe? Do we really exist? Everybody knows that trees don't make a noise when they fall in the forest if there's no-one there to hear.

CS: You're right. Although it was a chance to see t'lads who will wear the shirt in the forthcoming campaign, it was rubbish.

Yellow. There's spin, there's positive spin, and then there's reversing the scoreline from 0-4 to 4-0. Carry on like that and you'll make the club £20,000 this season. Gibbo will be pleased.

;o)

Originally Posted By: AFF

However, the Biscuit has to let 'em know that players in the Conference South, let alone those from the Mighty Boro', are going to try to wind up 18 year old opponents and several of 'em need to avoid responding. if each of the psf's had been like that one, we have major problems ahead. But they weren't [i'm told] so a place in Europe remains a realistic target.

To be fair it is only two who should know better, one who probably will not feature in competitive games, and the other only a bit part player. They know they can get away with more in friendlies anyway as more goes unpunished which leads to these unseemly melees. Once cards are being flourished they'll settle down a bit.

AFF, wasn't me. The result in yesterday's Daily Mail said you won 4-0 so Gibbo should be thanking the good old Daily Snail.

Thought it was too good to be true.

"Only two" eh Rob? Phew! That's allright then. I was a little concerned that there might be a small matter of disciplne for the Biscuit to address, but as you say, kicking out at opponents is what everybody does in pre-season friendlies and it's only to be expected.

;o)