Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Laz

A work of fiction in the same vein as their doctored history of The Mighty Saints in their matchday programme. Laz. Fatboy will have cringed when their excitable PA Man announced at the end of the match that the Supporters' coach to Weston-Super-Mare had been cancelled due to lack of support.

Mind you, I think that, with only a couple of exceptions, I could actually name the 30 or so Saintsfans who made the trip.

This is going to be a long, hard season.

I didn't buy the programme. I gave up with programmes a while ago although I did hear that the history was different to that produced by the City historian.

Our away support was dire. At one time there would have been 100 there. I had no shortage of people texting me to know the result though. I'll be posting the WAP-thingy link for all those who can't be bothered to attend games later today.

The history - not so much different as more factual than the total work of fiction supplied. How quickly some folk forget - but I was there, enjoyed every moment and my memory serves me very well.

That to one side, it was great to see so many old faces. An absolute delight to talk with Eamsie, Bill Nic, Rex, Jeff, etc., in the Board Room. Bill, in particular, was as sharp as ever. T'was also nice to chat, but all to briefly, with Laz and others that were kind.

Even my ol'mucker AFF was there (amazingly with a friend!) although looking a lot, lot older than even I remember. Alas the years appear not to have been kind.

Like you I was disappointed by the turnout from 'The Mighty Saints', but it did make me smile when I heard about the hissy-fit from one 'old friend' when asked to pay to get in!

As to the game, I felt a draw was fair. Richie is obviously working hard and will, I'm sure, build a side to steer you away from the foot of the table. We are a squad still getting to know each other and it will take time.

Good luck to you all (obviously with the exception of my ol'mucker). See you all again in November.

Originally Posted By: Laz

Our away support was dire. At one time there would have been 100 there. I had no shortage of people texting me to know the result though. I'll be posting the WAP-thingy link for all those who can't be bothered to attend games later today.

I don't think the trains helped, it was Liverpool St - Romford then a bus to Chelmsford then a train to Witham then a train to Braintree..

I got back at 5.30am from Reading and set my alarm for 9.30 with the intention of coming but I felt so rough I didn't bother
Had I been able to spend another couple of hours in bed I would have gone

It took me just over an hour to drive there. If I'd gone on the train I would have been about 3 hours plus a 20 minute walk from the station. It's no contest really.

Perhaps the this level of football should be restricted to teams near proper railway stations.