Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ian Porterfield - RIP

Another football legend sadly bites the dust, RIP Ian and thanks for the goal against Leeds in 1973

I'm disgusted that there have been no tributes paid to Ian Porterfield on this thread since 09.14 this morning, I expected better from the likes of Horace, Spidermanor, Lato, Football Man and even Manics.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I'm disgusted that there have been no tributes paid to Ian Porterfield on this thread since 09.14 this morning, I expected better from the likes of Horace, Spidermanor, Lato, Football Man and even Manics.

Anyone surprised by this post?

No, didn't think so smile

Saf06 - Had you heard of Ian Porterfield before 09.14 this morning

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Maybe if he'd posted it on the correct forum there would have been a response

HTFCew - What are you talking about

Having just got in and as my streaming for Finland v Poland has just gone down, I sign into the board to find this thread.

rhodes, you have said some stupid things in your time and you have said some things designed to provoke a reaction but I didn't think even you would be callous enough to use the death of another human being in an attempt to score cheap points against other forum members. I am absolutely disguted by this behaviour on your part though perhaps I should not be surprised. For your information, here is the post I put on the Polish fans in Uk website forum at 8.14 last night about the same matter:

"Armenian coach Ian Porterfield who has been suffering from cancer has died aged 61. Obviously he is best known in this country for scoring for Sunderland in their upset 1973 FA Cup Final win over Leeds but he has led Armenia to two outstanding results in the Euro 2008 group beating us and drawing with Portugal and deservedly got a heroes reception after each."

RIP.

Lato - My intentions were totally honourable when I started this thread at 09.14 this morning, I haven't got a clue what has provoked your comments

then you must be stupid as well as distasteful. Read your secoid post on this thread again. I acceptt your original intentions to mark the passing of a notable football figure were honourable. However your second post loses that respect from me and others who post on here.

Lato - I created this thread this morning for members to pay their tributes to yet another passing football legend however come mid afternoon there had been no posts whatsoever, that to me is very poor but if you think differently then that's your opinion.

no I think its pathetic that you make a point of singling out individuals for not posting i.e trying to score points at their expense and using the death of someone to do so. Thats what I find so distasteful but sadly as SteveR said not altogether suprising coming from you.

And as was also said why not put this thread in its appropriate place on a more general forum so all football fans can pay their respects not just those interested in the SSML