Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Any Takers

I am a goalkeeper currently with Colney Heath, but have found myself surplus to requirements.

I still feel i can produce at Premier level and just want a fair chance to prove it. I am admittedly a little over my fighting weight but did well enough pre-season to feel i'm good enough.

I'm a senior keeper (30) with plenty of experience and am good at working with younger keepers, bringing them on. So much so they jump ahead of me in the pecking order.

Last Saturday was my first without football in ages and it was awful (mooching with the missus doing housework and garden chores)

If anyone knows a club that can save me from this i'll ladly listen. i have a 3 month old son and live in welwyn garden city so realistic travelling expectaions would be a consideration.

• 4 weeks later...

With our current GK injury crisis, maybe Hoddy could be interested? NF.....?

(Having said that, I bloody hate Colney Heath and all who sail with her.....)

I'd say we'd definately be interested, especially after I had to do 90 mins in the sticks on Sat.. only let 4 in mind you!

Originally Posted By: Jonno
With our current GK injury crisis, maybe Hoddy could be interested? NF.....?

(Having said that, I bloody hate Colney Heath and all who sail with her.....)

Crisis? We've got Virgo out for 10 wks and Barnaby out for 6!

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Who was in goal for the ressies on Saturday?

I refer you to my earlier post!!!! laugh It was me I was OK when they hit it straight at me. I think a regular keeper would've saved 2 of them.

Steady on horace i'm hoping i wont be out that long !...Its mad at the moment...there seems to be a shortage on keepers...think I must have scared em all off over the years ! ha ha

NF...it is a real buggar when they dont hit em straight at you !

Don't know who it was.

Oners- sorry to spread malicious rumours - that's what Greeny told me!

There certainly doesnt seem to be a shortage in the bedfordshire area... Biggleswade United seem to have a different man between the sticks every week and i know there no 1 is back from injury and waiting to get in the side again.. Also suspect that Biggleswade Town have plenty, as do Langford who have last seasons first choice in the reserves this year.. Also Stotfold have 3 quality keepers.. They seem to be everywhere round here!

NF,

Both Geoff and Herman asked me if I was available at the weekend as Fozzy and Fitsy were injured. I put back my trip to York to make myself available for both teams and in the end I am denied a run out by Ryan Harris for the first team and NF for the reserves.

....I hereby hang up my gloves.....

The very same.

We were flying high before this weekends fixtures and have now added Ryan Harris and Richie Howard to the squad, who both made their debuts against Bedford Reserves on Saturday.....

I think he moved from Cheshunt to Potters Bar last season?? Maybe FM can fill us in on Ryans career to date?