Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

BTFC Dream Team

oleg the blue

Technically, some of the players we have playing now are far better than some players we had playing for us...definately BUT in their prime...Dunno...How would they hold up with the talent that is obviously present in our opposition...again...dunno

BUT

If I had a dream team, it would include some of the best of what we have with those we had...

MacMohan

Billy Goldstone, Steve Bone (Capt), Blewitt, Kerrers,

Chris Whelpdale, Joe Baker, Dormer, Paul Scott

Freddie Claydon, Doug Young

Subs: Macca, Steve Jones, Jason Broome, Hodges, Steve Griffiths (GK).

A good idea to put some fun into this afternoon...

So many names! Mick Flanagan, Alan Dickens, Paul Battram, Marc Sinfield (me Lord), Robbie Quinnell, Mark Keune, Barry Turner, Richard Graham, Mark Entwistle, Micky Hall, John Purdie, Dave Roser, Darren Southgate, Dean Parratt, John Seadon, Ian Templeton, Colin Simpson, Justin Gentle, Kevin Jordan, Sacha Opinel, Leon Gutzmore, Martin St. Hilaire, Gary Waters and dare I say it, Jason Broom! The list goes on.......

As for Luke Baulkham, worst ever Blues XI, he'd be first on the team sheet, closely followed by Tom Beech!

Originally Posted By: GazzaBTFC
Worst player??? Ask Tash...I'll be the left back that skyed the ball out for the thorw in whilst trying to cross it into the box at Redbridge...

...Can't remember who he was....Oh, to get old and have your memory collapse in a heap...Time for my afternoon nap, me thinks...

It was Jimmy Lee Gazz, although I believe he's quite a successful DJ on the club circuits these days.

Yep, remember Danny Westwood OK - went on to play for QPR and Gillingham. Every bit as legendary Ricay goalscorer as Fred Clayden, Steve Jones and Leon Gutzmore, but left before the Vase runs. As for Jimmy Lee - well, many a successful DJ was a rubbish footballer, just ask my old Sunday side manager! Now what was his name ? Damn, the memory's going...

Surely this side would piss this league?

1.Dave Cass

2.Mark Entwistle

3.Sacha Opinel

4.Marc Sinfield

5.Gary Waters

6.Dean Parratt

7.Joe Baker

8.Alan Dickens

9.Leon Gutzmore

10.Paul Battram

11.Richard Graham

12.Chris Whelpdale

14.Dave Roser

15.Steve Jones

16.Barry Turner

17.Jerome John

well there were some names,that I had forgotten .....unfortunately I never saw Steve jones play...he went to West Ham the season I started watching the blues....MICKY HALL, STEVE WARNER,...two more names from the past.....and as for worst players ....mark barry.....but he did have some redeeming features....hell I can't recall any ...age is withering the brain

Originally Posted By: finisterre
Anyone remember Paul Norris in goal? I seem to remember he was quite good, and was at the club around the same time as Griffiths.

As I remember it, Paul Norris took over in goal for us when Steve Griffiths broke a leg in an awful challenge on him vs Leyton-Wingate at New Lodge. He played in the third of the three Vase Final wins in 1979.