Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Do we have the easiest run in

Am I wrong or does it look on paper at least that the shots have the toughest run in and would it be fair to say the real competition could come from Purfleet

Of Aldershot's last 12 games, 10 are against teams in the top half of the table and they have more away games than us. Whilst we still have to play quite a few teams in the top half, most of these are at home.

Purfleet are out of it. They can't seem to win away and have 15 points to make up. Hendon are still very much in with a shout and maybe Albans but to be honest it's a two horse race.

I hope Hendon give it their best 'shot'. They have to play Aldershot twice, so they could do us a favour. Trouble is, their fixture congestion is likely to get the better of them. The Run-In shows their league games (16 in all) but doesn't show their Bryco cup games (two - both against us) or their Middx Senior Cup game against Hampton & Richmond (easy game, should win?).

Purfleet have the easiest run-in, but being 10 points behind us, they have a very steep hill to climb. I don't think they are capable, nor do I think they really want it - ground, crowd size and general lack of ambition.

But, let's not count any chickens. One game at a time.

Let's not get carried away, Aldershot are 5 points ahead and have a home banker on Sat. We need them to lose two games (including the one against us) AND for us to win all ours to overtake them. But after last season, we know it won't be quite that simple in reality and there will be a few twists and turns before the season ends. Hendon are likely to run out of steam as they have a fixture pile-up of Canvey-esque proportions. One unknown is of course the fate of Kingstonian - still in administration and still no CVA passed, wonder if they can make it to the end of the season in that state.

According to the NLP Kingstonian only need 15K to sort out their problems, they haven't paid it yet because of some technicality.

I wouldn't count on them going out of business just yet.