Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

hmmmmmm...

Uncle Urchin

well....firstly congrats the stones on their win and on the second half they probably deserved it....some good young players in their side......nice also to see some old friends....

first half we were the better team and missed three no brainers..I was just beginning to think oh fck its another one of those nights when their centre back made the best save on the line I have seen since banks thwarted pele in mexico from a crossy piledriver....ref points to the spot..reaches for the red....then points to the lino who had not raised his flag and then waved play on.....colin went ballistic and rightly so...our fans went crazy and the stones all ducked behind their hands and whistled softly.....

colin continued to remonstrate with the pudding ref at half time and got sent off and we never really had much of a break after that.....we pushed hard after losing purdie with a hamstring and lost the second goal on the break but we kept pushing forwards only for parks to find the net from a header and also find a 30 second delayed action lino flag for offski....

not our night but what goes around comes around I supppose...we shall get our fair share of decisions and hopefully we'll start getting them soon... grin

truth is tho' that until we take our many chances (which is the positive..we are making plenty) then we will not win these games...

well done the players...they never stopped running...and well done the travelling band who never stopped singing... applause

It was a disgraceful non decision by the ref, he clearly saw it and bottled it. Possibly he'd heard of alleged trouble after the stones game with Ramsgate? Diabolical.

But they scored two good goals and we flunked too many chances. I thought we looked ragged at times and that the long ball game just did not suit our players available. One of our forwards needs to be more committed, he could and should have scored in a one on one with the keeper, but somehow the keeper mae a save when he should have been picking the ball out of his net.

Also, our new signing, not fit at the moment? He looked completely out of sorts and just did not get in the game.

One of those nights when nothing goes right? I hope so.

Fair shout almost all round I think.

I've watched you a couple of times this season and saw what i expected last night. Lots of possession in and around the box but little end product - probably only three or four efforts on target last night, though with your overall possession in those areas you would have expected more.

Bottom line is you wont score if the ball isn't on target. (Similar in the first hour at Harlow too......)

What cost you last night in my opinion?

(excepting the Ref but it was about time WFC got the run of a decision or two - I'd have given the penalty, though i can understand that if the Ref didn't see it, he wouldn't. I disagree about the offside as the Lino had the flag up as soon as the cross came in - and he was 2 yards offside btw).

Teamwise: the back 4 is too rigid and as the midfield play the same way there is space to be exploited at speed - as you saw with 2nd goal.

Centre Backs are good in the air but lack the reaction required to defend the ball on the ground. Your 6 yard box can be like a battle zone while you either wait to clear or for opponents to shoot.

At Harlow you lost your shape and the impetus going forward when making a substition - you made it in reverse last night (HT) and for 20 minutes you battered Stones without getting a decent effort on goal......

The big lad up front will win everything in the air, but you need someone to react to him - far too often, by standing back ten yards, Stones defenders just collected the flick on.

The Keeper has a great kick but needs to control it - he had more direct shots on goal last night than the rest of the side and though a quick long kick can be a good weapon, twice firing the ball downfield with 9 of his side still in the penalty box is a waste. He needs to hit the channels more to give the wide boys a chance, rather than kicking centrally too.

Bottom line, a decent tidy side who like to play football, but there is no obvious threat as it's a bit predictable and therefore can be defended (no doubt with an added bit of luck).

No doubt my opiion will differ greatly from many of you, but it's supposed to be objective - just think about it and dont object to me!!

See you all soon, no doubt.

14 goals in 10 league games tells the story..and five of 'em in one game.... shocked

but we are playing well and making numerous chances and good strikers don't become bad ones overnight..we must be patient and the goals will come.....there is never any way of dealing with inexplicable and attrocious refereeing decisions like last night so don't bother trying...it won't change and we must move onto the trophy game on saturday in a positive frame of mind...get behind the lads as we always do and enjoy the match and the rugby that follows...

We're suffering with the loss of Jimmy and John who as a partnership were almost impassable last season and gave us so much confidence. Last night we looked shaky with both full backs really not delivering one decent cross all night.

But more seriously, I do think Harry Elmes is absolute quality and as such what we dont want is him knocking balls on, instead he should be on the end of them and tucking them away which he can do for fun.

Its sure to be a topsy turvy season, but last night should be a wake up call. We have to raise our game and be a bit cleverer than we were.

Harry is quality indeed.I think a couple of times he held on to the ball too long but he probably played that way last year when he had more time,the difference in the 2 leagues is massive.

First half we looked in total control apart from a couple of attempts to go forward from the stones,the decision was a disgrace to any football fan with eyes as he clearly saw it touch his hand,in fairness as well,every wealdstone fan i spoke to said it was a nailed on pen.

It wasn't just that decision,there were many debatable decisions,he was just an incompetent baffoon.

Second half i still think we had more possession but didn't really create too much although we did at times look like threatening.

A sticking point in the evening was when i left wealdstone at 11.15pm the referee and his assistants were still lording it up in the wealdstone boardroom and at half time someone even said that the ref was a regualar over there and well known to the club!!!

My point is that on a night where he has sent the opposing teams manager off,denied a blatent penalty and got howled off the pitch by the travelling urchin army,what the f**k is he doing on the p1ss with their clubs bigwigs.

I hope he paid for his drinks last night.c**t