Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Football Man

Not at all, why on earth would I need to self promote myself. I post because I enjoy it and I feel that I am making a positive contribution, if anyone disagrees with that then feel free to say so and give evidence as to why

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Not at all, why on earth would I need to self promote myself. I post because I enjoy it and I feel that I am making a positive contribution, if anyone disagrees with that then feel free to say so and give evidence as to why

QOTM...SAY NO MORE

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Is that a radio station?

Football Man - Actually you may have innocently hit on an idea, many thaks, it's not the first time you have inspired me

Football Man - In Non League Today on Sunday there was a mention of Potters Bar Town's game with Enfield Town on Boxing Day with Peter Waller saying that he was very disappointed with the crowd of 151 as he had been fully expecting to beat Parkfield's record attendance of 269. Surely this statement was being a little over ambitious as Barnet were at home to Dagenham and Redbridge, it's unlike Peter to speak in that fashion as isn't he usually more realistic and has his feet firmly on the ground.

That's the sort of answer I expected, you're good at burying your head in the sand these days when it comes to Potters Bar Town matters

Does he read this Forum then. Like I said before his comments about the Boxing Day attendance at Parkfield were somewhat out of character as he's not normally so outspoken particularly in the press. He was as good as gold when we groundshared at Parkfield and was appalled by your behaviour readily admitting to us that you were behaving in a dictatorial fashion and purposely making life difficult for us. I'm just a little surprised and disappointed that he didn't intervene at the time and pull rank on you as we would have been eligible to play in the FA Cup last season, you and you alone set our Club back two years so I hope you're proud of yourself.

Football Man - You have avoided the question, I put it to you that you were never on particularly good terms with Peter Waller at Parkfield and he tolerated you because you were a competent Secretary and did a decent job despite your often un-necessary hard line approach and unfriendly demeanour whereby you never smiled or pressed the flesh. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I left Ilford as there were individuals there that I felt I could no longer work with. I was happy to go along as a spectator but the Essex Senior League Chairman asked me to become Secretary of the Isthmian Lower Joint Liaison Committee and I also joined the management committee of the Essex & Herts Border Combination (as it was then known) so I didn't get much time to watch them as I would have liked and gradually drifted away from the club.
The Potters Bar Chairman asked me to join them as Secretary but, at the same time, the offer of being Vice Chairman of the ESL was on the table. When the ESL job fell through, I felt that I had sufficient knowledge and experience to give to club administration and also felt that Potters Bar was a more secure club to work with than Ilford had been - both on and off the pitch. I enjoyed five happy years at Potters Bar until a combination of factors culminated in my decision to retire from club administration at the end of last season. I left on good terms and, as Horace noted recently, I always get a welcome reception whenever I go back there.
Like Wader, I have also met a lot of good friends along the way that I wouldn't otherwise have got to know and still look forward to meeting faces old and new as I travel around from game to game

Football Man - Another nice try in avoiding the issue in your last post but I'm afraid the question won't go away. It's a coincidence (or is it) that you made the above post this morning as it attempts to conveniently cover your back on a number of issues although I have been lead to believe differently where I have taken the liberty of highlighting your comments:
1.I understand you left Ilford as a number of skeletons in your cupboard fell out or were exposed, you cover your tracks nicely by saying you were happy to go along as a spectator which I don't believe to be true.
2.Why did the ESL job fall through, you don't specify.
3.You say you enjoyed five happy years at Parkfield but I don't believe that to be the case.
4.I don't believe that you left on good terms and that your position had become untenable.
5.I don't believe you are welcomed back to Parkfield with open arms otherwise you would have been back there more often this season, also if that was the case you wouldn't have found it necessary to highlight 'the fact' in your post.

1.I understand you left Ilford as a number of skeletons in your cupboard fell out or were exposed, you cover your tracks nicely by saying you were happy to go along as a spectator which I don't believe to be true.

Complete speculation on your part and complete rubbish. Why would they have made me a Vice President of the club, afford me boardroom hospitality at every home game I was able to attend and invite me to AGMs and committee meetings if what you say were the case?

2.Why did the ESL job fall through, you don't specify.

The existing Vice Chairman changed his mind and decided not to retire after all.

3.You say you enjoyed five happy years at Parkfield but I don't believe that to be the case.

I bet you would love to have five happy years at a club. As you don't know what that's like, you're hardly in a position to comment.

4.I don't believe that you left on good terms and that your position had become untenable.

Why's that then? Please try to use solid evidence, rather than rumour, hearsay or wishful thinking on your part.

5.I don't believe you are welcomed back to Parkfield with open arms otherwise you would have been back there more often this season, also if that was the case you wouldn't have found it necessary to highlight 'the fact' in your post.

We don't all get treated by our old clubs the way that you are by Haringey Borough. Please don't try to judge other books by your own cover. Jealousy will get you nowhere.

An interesting and admirable reply except for the fact that it still leaves questions un-answered and members are none the wiser. Going back to my original question how come Peter Waller was more than happy for Kentish Town to enter the FA Vase in 2005/2006 then and felt you were being un-necessarily dictatorial and un-reasonable with us which ultimately set us back two seasons.

An interesting and admirable reply except for the fact that it still leaves questions un-answered and members are none the wiser.

Which questions are unanswered and which members are none the wiser? I don't see any members other than you having the slightest interest.

Going back to my original question how come Peter Waller was more than happy for Kentish Town to enter the FA Vase in 2005/2006 then and felt you were being un-necessarily dictatorial and un-reasonable with us which ultimately set us back two seasons.

I would suggest that you ask Gregg to show you a copy of the groundshare agreement that he and Peter Waller signed.

Football Man - I feel that some progress has been made during the course of today, albeit only through my probing and prompting, in you becoming far more transparent on this Forum as opposed to your constant cloak and dagger and smoke and mirrors approach whereby you are even reluctant to tell us which game you attended yesterday afternoon. If it's okay with you I will continue to probe and chip away until you see the error of your ways and realise that it's not only you who is allowed to look for weaknesses in members characters as well as any skeletons they might have in their cupboards, two can play at your game you know.

I think Football Man has hopefully learnt a valuable lesson today in that people in glass houses and all that, it's a crying shame he has to resort to such tactics on here as I really liked him when he used to come down to Coles Park on a Thursday night for Under 18's game and I pandered to his every whim, even stirring his tea for him and buying the best buscuits out of my own pocket. It was only when I joined Kentish Town that he changed overnight and I saw a completely different side to him. That has got to be solely down to the ill fated groundshare at Parkfield in 2005/2006, he must really detest the ground Kentish Town walk on that's all I can say as I wasn't even there at the time.

Football Man - Many congratulations, you have made the short list in two categories of the 2007 Forum Awards, namely 'The Worst Banterer' and 'Biter of the Year', you can certainly count on my vote for both:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1303858/gonew/1#UNREAD

I think Football Man has hopefully learnt a valuable lesson today

Actually, all that's happened today is that I've proven (again) my greater prowess over you in the arena of the written argument. It's a bit like a side from the lower reaches of the pyramid (you) coming up against an FA Premier League side (me) in an FA Cup tie in that there's only ever going to be one outcome.

Once again I have backed you into a corner using factual information (i.e. you know damn well that it was the two Chairmen that signed that groundshare agreement) and you suddenly fly off at a tangent as a way of trying (and failing) to end the debate and simultaneously save as much face as possible. Unlucky, old bean. Plucky effort though! grin