Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FAO Football Man

Originally Posted By: Football Man
It's a bit like a side from the lower reaches of the pyramid (you) coming up against an FA Premier League side (me) in an FA Cup tie in that there's only ever going to be one outcome

Like Sutton United v Coventry, Birmingham v Altrincham, Burnley v Wimbledon and Hereford v Newcastle in old money you mean, yes you're right

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
It's a bit like a side from the lower reaches of the pyramid (you) coming up against an FA Premier League side (me) in an FA Cup tie in that there's only ever going to be one outcome

Like Sutton United v Coventry, Birmingham v Altrincham, Burnley v Wimbledon and Hereford v Newcastle in old money you mean, yes you're right

No, clip Rods, you seem to have trapped your head in the past. You are quoting from the old Football League first division. I am talking about modern day FA Premier League with it's huge influx of Sky TV money, and when I came up with the comparison for you I was thinking much lower down the scale than your Altrincham's and Sutton's, more like your Cranfield United's and Whitewebbs'.

I really think you should stop now and cut your losses. The embarrassment for you will only continue to grow if you try to persist in making an argument where none exists.

I really think you should stop now and cut your losses

Yes you would absolutely love that wouldn't you, I'm getting far too close for comfort aren't I

Football Man - Did you go to Sawbridgeworth Town v Barking last night

Originally Posted By: Paula
Originally Posted By: Horace
Only two? Can't the rest of us play?

I like playing smile

Originally Posted By: Paula
Hi Cantos. Luv you too. However, this was meant for someonne far more special than you lol. Sorry, wasn't you Horace either, although you know you are special too.
Its so hard to contain my feelings, i'm so frustrated here.

bawling

Paula - I didn't get a Christmas or New Year text like I did from you last year, I was really disappointed

So you were at Witham Town v Aveley on Wednesday then

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Football Man - Many congratulations, you have made the short list in two categories of the 2007 Forum Awards, namely 'The Worst Banterer' and 'Biter of the Year', you can certainly count on my vote for both:
http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1303858/gonew/1#UNREAD

Football Man - You haven't responded to the above post which is unlike you, many congratulations once again for making the short list in those two categories and good luck in the voting

Football Man - Although you didn't win an award, many congratulations for reaching the final in those two categories, here are the final results:

Biter of the Year

Coachie 21 46%

MCP 6 13%

Ian Sanderson 8 17%

Football Man 11 24%

Worst Banterer

Football Man 6 15%

Serious Sid 17 43%

Ian Sanderson 11 28%

MCP 6 15%

Football Man - I wasn't aware Potters Bar Town and Kentish Town locked horns in a pre-season friendly in 2005/2006, did we approach you for the game or vice versa. What got my attention though was Jusuf Karagdag playing in goal for you, do you happen to know where he is plying his trade these days:

http://www.pbtfc.degz.co.uk/home-news.php?ID=18

clip Rods - there's an awful lot that you don't know about the relationship between Potters Bar Town and Kentish Town before you joined the latter!

The friendlies were my suggestion as part of the groundshare agreement signed by both Chairmen. A double header with a reserve team friendly taking place after the first team match.

That was the only game (well, half a game) that Yusuf Karadag played for the club. I did see his name pop up somewhere earlier this season (in the SSML, I think) but can't remember where it was.

• 3 weeks later...

Football Man - I hate to admit this but I'm taking a leaf out of your book tonight and selling my soul to the devil. Our illustrious neighbours kindly gave Kentish Town four tickets for this evenings Arsenal v Newcastle fixture but the only difference is that, unlike you, I'm not laying out in the region of £50 for the 'privilege'.