Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Ebbsfleet under new management

Nutchutney

this lot may well come back to haunt LD but on the upside they have 20,000 new fans...

Daish insisted that he was happy for fans to have an input on team matters.

"Picking 11 players and formations isn't a precise science and luck often plays its part," stated the Ebbsfleet boss.

"During and after matches, Ebbsfleet supporters often give me opinions on who to choose"

"My job won't change that much. As a club, we'll select the starting 11 players and formation together.

"But just as before, what goes on at the training ground and in the dressing room on the day of the match is down to me.

"It's the supporters' money that finances this club and pays my wages and those of the players.

"So there's a good argument for them having a say in what players they want to see."

They have 20'000 new fans for now.But once those fans realise that they will get nothing out of the club that number will go down by 19'900.

Those remaining will probably never go to see them unless they are playing in the area they live in,which will be giving money to the away side rather than ebbsfleet.

It is a quick fix and will probably have disastrous effects later on

I have only followed this from afar. So, correct me if I am wrong. The members of mfc.com have a poll vote on the website on a Friday to pick the following day's team? What about subs during the match, is that still the manager/head coach's domain or does he get 20,000 texts during the match?? smile

Originally Posted By: coupwotcoup
I have only followed this from afar. So, correct me if I am wrong. The members of mfc.com have a poll vote on the website on a Friday to pick the following day's team? What about subs during the match, is that still the manager/head coach's domain or does he get 20,000 texts during the match?? smile

hmmmmmm......bit like a big boys afcw in the connie with more owners...I shall keep an open mind for the time being and watch with great interest....everything changes eventually...

tempus fugit...

its all a bit surreal to be honest...first they change the clubs name to ebbsfleet and then the main shareholders sell out their 51%.....big question is do the other 49% get to cash in as well or are they the patsy's as the big shareholders scarper with the readies...

I wouldn't have done a deal like that and nor would nett grant or colin and I am pretty certain that our officials and fans would have overwhelmingly rejected the idea as well...but hey ho...we shall see what we shall see....

ha ha..can you imagine colin listening to the fans picking his team....... mad

fck me it doesn't bear thinking about.... boxing grin

interesting point that springs to mind is the players commitment in training...if the manager aint picking the team then they will be more concerned in impressing the owners (most of whom will never see the players play) than their own coaches...the more I ponder the more negative it becomes but 700k (on top of other income) is a lot of money every year and if the rows start someone will make the right decisions...

there are some quality posts on the ebbsfleet forum as you can imagine...this is from one of their new 'owners'.... grin

Originally Posted By: clowntown
What's the Directors Box like at Stonebridge?

I'm assuming it's not going to be big enough for all of us that want to come down.

Is there going to be some sort of rota to get a place or is it first come first served?