Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Beer - The Clubhouse or The Crown?

Iron Webbo

Thanks for that Webbo.

My main concern is the quality of t'beer offered. I've heard rumours that the beer on offer isn't what it was and that the City faithful these days head over to The Crown as the refreshments and serving operatives are a little more, how shall I say, pleasing?

Any views?

It is nice to hear that Vicky is back pulling pints, but I remain a tad concerned by the following comment from an old acquaintance:

"Saturday was the final straw for me.

It wont make any difference to anything but I have finally had enough of the regime in the clubhouse and I wont be attending for as long as it remains in place.

The Supporters Club Committee have made their views perfectly clear to the Board on more than one occasion this season, I gather, and if that can't achieve change then the only thing left for me to do is to take my business elsewhere.

I'm not so foolish as to believe that my action will bring the place to a standstill, of course. The rest of you can do what you like. Enjoy."

Do you think it might be advisable for me to encourage the travelling thousands (well mini bus full) from Cressing Road to adjourn to The Crown, just in case Vicky can't turn it around?

Ah-ha! This explains many things. Having read the ramblings of the old one, I feared the worst. This is much more encouraging. I will advise the Iron faithful that t'Clubhouse is worth a look.

Just out of interest:

- do you do the pulling of pints as well or just co-ordinate the young lady/ladies behind the jump?

- oh and what range of beers are you selling these days.

Not a bad range. From my time at t'club, the most important thing was to make sure whatever was offered was in good nick and that pipes were regularly cleaned, etc. I'm sure you'll be on the case and will do well. I've just read John's prog. notes for tomorrow night and he is very supportive and complimentary of what you're trying to do - well done mate. It's nice to see someone actually taking on the responsibility to help the club improve - I'm impressed - good luck with it.

What's the situation with food. Do you plan to do rolls, etc., or is it back into the ground at the end of the stand?

Originally Posted By: Webbo MFI

So.. Have Carlsberg, Export, Ansells Bitter, Tetley, Guinness and maybe Holsten on draught.

!

Woooooooh wait a minute webbo]

As myself, Laz, Roland and now Zeal due to Vickys arrival are some of your best customers then you must keep the strongbow on tap or better still get in a cloudy cider instead / as well

I'd better not find just crap like Magners