Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Royston

Was that the 1967 Spurs v Chelsea final, I find it strange that Horace doesn't remember that far back as it only seems like yesterday

I don't like Brian Moore as a commentator, you do rhodes. A simple difference of opinion that's all but you try and make out its something wrong...as usual because it doesn't agree with yours it must be a wrong opinion.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but why on earth wouldn't you like Brian Moore, it doesn't make any sense

why don't you like Peter Sellers he was a genius.

That's a completely different kettle of fish and besides we are talking football and not films or comedy. I didn't find Peter Sellers the slightest bit funny and always switched channels when he appeared on screen, I still do.

royston vasey or chubby brown?

cant believe rhodes dislikes sellers, chancey the gardener was great , clouseau hmm maybe.

The first final I "saw" Rhodes was everton wba 66 I think Trebilcock? unc had a colour tele

Saw the second half of World cup and couldnt believe the Germans had scored the equaliser.black and white dr who special.

Yes I have the England v West Germany programme too but I believe they're two a penny

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
That's a completely different kettle of fish and besides we are talking football and not films or comedy. I didn't find Peter Sellers the slightest bit funny and always switched channels when he appeared on screen, I still do.

no its the same thing i.e liking the work of an individual just in a different environment.

The reason I don't like Brian Moore is I found him too pompous and he tried to hard to come out with the 'killer line' Also he was almost a 'sacred cow' in that no one was allowed to disagree with him (perhaps why you like him rhodes). And although I forget which match it was I know there was a commentary where he changed what he said from the live game to highlights shown later that day and subsequent re runs to suggest that he wasn't wrong about a controversial incident. Plus of course the infamous 'stich up Keegan incident' at St Etienne in 1998.

I wonder which style of commentary people prefer?

There's the lister

Best, Charlton, Law, Goal!

The Reminiscer and sychophant

ah yes I remember Alan that you used to pass the ball like that in your prime and.. Oh Ithink a goal has been scored there!

The whingher

Woeful absolutely woeful, dreadful nil nil and oh no someones scored there ! Dreadful defending.

The south american?

kaka,koukouconrioslosbandosGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GOALGOALGOALBRAZIL

I like Jimmy Armfield as an analyst, Pleat if you forgive his pismonunciations, and Martin Tyler, pity about Andy Gray.

I cant say I admire Andy Townshend.Perhaps its just Andys I dont like

Jimmy Armfield is one of the best analysts around, he should be there in the TV box rather than that idiot Lawrenson...and don't even get me started on the muppet Ian Wrong. Generally thr BBC radio guys are better though though its hilarious they won't allow Allan Green to do TV. I don't watch Sky so can't comment on Tyler and Gray but agree Townsend is poor while Pleat..David Bleat more like it, I prefer Jim Beglin as a summariser.

However they all pale into insignificance behind one man we have all forgotten....the legend that is Stuart Hall.

Originally Posted By: Lato
Also he was almost a 'sacred cow' in that no one was allowed to disagree with him (perhaps why you like him rhodes)

How can you say that about Brian Moore, from recollection he rarely said anything anyone could disagree with because he was the font of all knowledge when it came to the beautiful game, far more than Motty for example who is totally over the top with his silly historical anecdotes.

rhodes you like Brian Moore I don't..that's quite simple really.

Surprisingly, I can't find a Stuart Hall reference on the Biccies website though as you say spursfan they namecheck numerous people.

Originally Posted By: Lato
I don't watch Sky so can't comment on Tyler and Gray

You're probably one of these people who objects to paying the £40 subsription fee and cut their nose off to spite their face purely because of silly principals, I bet Spidermanor has exactly the same view.