Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

mclaren has stated...

Uncle Urchin

I don't think it's to do with the money - if it were about the overpaid players, then Italy, Spain, all the teams with world class players on fab money would all play with no motvation.

I don't think it's to do with 'passion' - you'd all have Sven back because you know you'd get to the quarters - a calm thoughtful manager - but he was slagged off for not being passionate.

I give you Kevin Keegan. I don't believe there is anyone who has more passion - but he was very poor tactically. He blew the Premiership with Newcastle from a winning position - he was 2 up against Portugal & still we lost 3-2.

If you look at the 2 most successful teams in world football - Brazil & Italy - they don't play with 'passion' as fans define it - you dont see them pumping fists - urging the crowd on - they do a very professional, cotrolled job - & it's because they're comfortable with what they're doing. They are confident with the ball, the system, their position on the pitch, & the players around them.

Our players don't look comfortable. I think its because of many things, but one of the problems is the unrealistic expectation.

We are expecting England to win everything. The media to a huge extent pump the team up - increasing expectation - they did it tonight before the game, telling us how great this player is - how great that player is - here's an example of how great they are - they show us a clip - then 45 minutes later their star players don't look great.

We need to be realistic about what this lot can do. Personally I remember us failing to qualify for the 74, 78 & 94 World Cup Finals. Yet the media are saying this is the worst moment since 1953. I don't see that, given the results of 74, 78, & 94.

So isn't that the media just trying to make everything so much worse & dramatic?

All I'm hearing on Talk Sport is passion. Passion is for us, for the crowd.

Calm heads are what is needed in a manager & on the pitch.

Actually, having slept on it - I would add that Italy & Brazil are very passionate, but only after they score.

That is when you see their passion.

England seem to demand that their team follows the Charge of the Light Brigade, or any other doomed military campaign

I don't agree with any of that......tough group....israel... andorra... macadonia....?

tactically mclaren is naive and he played for a draw last night.....it was obviously not working even before the daft goal went in....the state of the pitch was a disgrace and shows the FA for the bunch of incompetent fckn halfwits that they are but it was the same for both sides...

he had his chance...he failed and he must fall on his sword...the umbrella and the coffee were mana from heaven for the press and that also shows his naivity...

time for a young 'un with balls and grit....and now with time..

pearce for me with ince as number 2...bring the under 21's through and get rid of some of these underperforming wan5ers...give shearer and beckham the under 21's to keep continuity...

all sensible press wise wealthy young men who served their country with pride and passion...

The botton line for me is...

No player should get PAID for playing for the national team. It should be an honour to where you countries shirt. If players don't like it then fck erm. Play players who show they are commited and have the bollox to stand up and be counted. Those w@nkers last night should be ashamed.

We can all blame Mclaren, but at the end of the day its the players who need to do the business and I'm sorry to say those flanges last night do not deserve to where an England shirt!!!

Rant ovetr sore throat and all...

Originally Posted By: Bridge
The botton line for me is...

No player should get PAID for playing for the national team. It should be an honour to where you countries shirt. If players don't like it then fck erm. Play players who show they are commited and have the bollox to stand up and be counted. Those w@nkers last night should be ashamed.

We can all blame Mclaren, but at the end of the day its the players who need to do the business and I'm sorry to say those flanges last night do not deserve to where an England shirt!!!

Rant ovetr sore throat and all...

Players don't get paid for playing for England, their match fee goes to charity and has done for quite a few years now. They do however get a share of the players pool, money that comes from sponsers etc...IMO this too should go to charity.