Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tokyngton Manor FC

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a big piece on the Non League Today Website about Tokyington Manor, it's a shame that Lato, Spidermanor and Manorborn flatly refuse to come on to give us their thoughts on the demise of the proud 'Ruislip' name:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=51667

• 7 months later...

Tokyngton Manor's game with Bedford started an hour late due to traffic problems, fair play to Referee Mr Hey for using his common sense and allowing the fixture to go ahead when some Officials, no names mentioned, would have called a halt to the proceedings. The game itself was disappointing particularly for the swarm of groundhoppers that descended on the Viking Sports Ground, Bedford did well to get a point with just the bare eleven players.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Tokyngton Manor's game with Bedford started an hour late due to traffic problems, fair play to Referee Mr Hey for using his common sense and allowing the fixture to go ahead when some Officials, no names mentioned, would have called a halt to the proceedings. The game itself was disappointing particularly for the swarm of groundhoppers that descended on the Viking Sports Ground, Bedford did well to get a point with just the bare eleven players.

Common sense is sometimes amiss with certain officials. A recent game was not allowed to be delayed 10-15 minutes despite traffic problems due to a World Cup Qualifier at Wembley.

A football supporter posted about his experience at Tokyngton Manor last night on the another forum. Interesting to note that the "swarm of groundhoppers" that clip Rods mentioned were neatly contained within a 'crowd' of 11 and that the programme was described as nonsensical!

------------------------

Tokyngton Manor 0-0 Bedford

Spartan South Midlands 1st Division

Admission:

Originally Posted By: Football Man

the programme was described as nonsensical!

Really, and where does it say that, the leading goalscorers 'league table' was lifted from the Football Mitoo Website with Craig Hammond leading the way on an incredible 48 goals from 21 matches and Stuart Reynolds unsurprisingly second with 32 goals from 20 matches, what doesn't make sense about that.

Quote:
Interesting to note that the "swarm of groundhoppers" that clip Rods mentioned were neatly contained within a 'crowd' of 11

... nearly 'swelled the swarm' wink by two last night - Tok. M was on our list but my lad decided he'd prefer Leverstock vs Bigg T - though the earlier KO presented a challenge, it meant he'd be home in reasonable time for school next day (1/2 day anyhow cos its end of term) - the aforementioned traffic problems on the M25 Orbital Car Park soon scuppered that.

Momentarily considered heading East down the A40 but knowing now that the Tokyngton game was seriously delayed I'm glad we didn't.

Headed back west (into the Hellenic) dodging another 0-0 at Marlow - and ended up back nr home at Henley vs S.Kilburn [5 goals big punch-up 2 red cards shocked ]- still had to get past a piggin' Tractor so missed the first 10 mins - didn't expect to encounter one of those that far East! crazy

Still we might pop along (M25 permitting) to Western Ave next (mid) week or the following Tuesday (14th) - my lad seems keen - he has a preference for STEP06. smile

Originally Posted By: Football Man

the programme was described as nonsensical!

Really, and where does it say that, the leading goalscorers 'league table' was lifted from the Football Mitoo Website with Craig Hammond leading the way on an incredible 48 goals from 21 matches and Stuart Reynolds unsurprisingly second with 32 goals from 20 matches, what doesn't make sense about that.

Word of warning about those stats Rhodes. Because SSMFL officers don't use all the features of Mitoo, specifically entry of teamsheet information, the number of games shown as played is, for most clubs (but not all), the number of games in which the player actually scored. Games played, but in which the player didn't score, are not included in the total!
The exception is where individual club secretaries take up the option of entering information themselves. So, beware of using statistics when you don't know how they were compiled. Stick to the number of goals scored and you'll be safe.

Oracle - What do you mean 'over to me', I'll say exactly what I told the anoraks on another's Forum, namely that I purposely didn't print the very confusing footnote under the SSML Division 1 leading goalscores 'league table'. I have been putting those same statistics from the Mitoo site in programmes for some four or five seasons with the various SSML Club's I've been with and this is the first time anybody has ever mentioned it, all people are interested in at the end of the day are the 'games played' and the 'goals' columns, not to be blinded by science.

• 2 weeks later...

LATO - I assume that you are not comingt to the Viking Sports Ground this fine evening so I thought I would let you see the programme notes, I've highlighted the bit that might be of particular interest to you, Spidormanor and Manorborn:

TUESDAY 14th APRIL 2009 Kick off 7.45pm

TOKYNGTON MANOR v KINGS LANGLEY

(Molten Spartan South Midlands League Division 1)

Today, it is our great pleasure to welcome the players, officials and supporters of Kings Langley Football Club to the Viking Sports Ground for the evening. The same sentiments are, of course, extended to Match Referee Mr Andrew McCree from St Albans and his two trusted Assistants, Mr Steve Reuter from Enfield and Mr Michael Chisholm from Southgate, whatever the outcome of the proceedings we hope that they enjoy their brief stay with us and have a safe journey home. As always our players will have been instructed to respect Mr McCree

rhodes..will you be at SLB v Tokyngton next Monday?

Once again we would like to welcome any so called groundhoppers
to the Stadium this evening and hope you will enjoy your time in our company, do not hesitate to approach one of our officials to make yourselves known to us so we can thank you personally for your visit.

Not sure that I'd feel particularly welcome at any ground that referred to me in those terms!

Originally Posted By: Lato

rhodes..will you be at SLB v Tokyngton next Monday?

LATO - Is the Pope Catholic

We very much hope that the Club Chairman Terry Springer will put pen to paper in our final match programme of the season against Ampthill Town on 25 April. Terry

Apart from the unusual suffix "Manor" to the name, what other connection is there to Ruislip Manor? We were discussing the other day (before mysterious forces removed the post) how teams could get into Step 6. One way that I forgot was to masquerade as a dieing club and take its place. Not the first time in recent years in this league. At least the other one played at the same ground.

Originally Posted By: Horace

At least the other one played at the same ground.

Horace - It was Wealdstone who unceremoniously gave Ruislip Manor their marching orders from Grosvenor Vale, they made it perfectly clear that they didn't want them there.

Originally Posted By: Horace

At least the other one played at the same ground.

Horace - It was Wealdstone who unceremoniously gave Ruislip Manor their marching orders from Grosvenor Vale, they made it perfectly clear that they didn't want them there .

Surely you can understand why the FoRM boys aren't particularly excited by a club that aren't called Ruislip and don't even play in Ruislip or Tokyngton?