Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tokyngton Manor FC

Originally Posted By: Horace

Surely you can understand why the FoRM boys aren't particularly excited by a club that aren't called Ruislip and don't even play in Ruislip or Tokyngton?

Horace - Actually I can't understand it at all and believe LATO, Spidermanor and Manorborn have turned traitor, the Club is still very much Ruislip Manor in everything but name.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Actually I can't understand it at all and believe LATO, Spidermanor and Manorborn have turned traitor, the Club is still very much Ruislip Manor in everything but name.

traitor now thats an interesting word.

noun
1. someone who betrays his country by committing treason
2. a person who says one thing and does another

Have a look at the second definition above....sound familiar?

LATO - It doesn't sound familiar at all, are you suggesting that I say one thing and do another as I would be interested in an example. There was nothing preventing you, Spidermanor and Manorborn from grabbing Terry Springer's arm out of its socket this time last year, rolling up your sleeves and making a fist of it at Tokyngton Manor rather than just crying into your beer that the name Ruislip had disappeared, the name is still very much embedded in the Club's history but there wouldn't have been a Club at all had it not been for Terry.

Bilbo - Well seeing that I don't even own a house I don't think it does qualify, we're only renting. LATO and his playmates did betray Ruislip Manor in their hour of need, it was all hands to the pump this time last year with the Club on the brink yet they turned their backs.

are you suggesting that I say one thing and do another as I would be interested in an example.

Posted 11/01/2008 @ 3:34pm:
NeutralFan - That's exactly my point, if he continues to edit and delete posts willy nilly and if Ian doesn't remove or replace him (and you) as Moderators by Close of Business on Monday then I won't be posting any longer.

Not that old chestnut again, I did disappear from view for a week if you remember but nobody bothered posting and Ian's profits nosedived

Bilbo - Well seeing that I don't even own a house I don't think it does qualify, we're only renting. LATO and his playmates did betray Ruislip Manor in their hour of need, it was all hands to the pump this time last year with the Club on the brink yet they turned their backs.

Rhodent, does this mean you bet somebody else's house on WGCFC finishing below 16th place?
That's got to be a criminal act.

Bitch - What are you doing on Monday evening, Tokyngton Manor are playing away to Sport London e Benfica if you fancy it and I'll book a B&B for the night, separate rooms naturally.

Any chance of some substance to your allegation against Wealdstone FC.

Ask Mr Springer how many of Ruislip Manors debts he paid and how he manouvred the situation to move the club nearer Wembley.

Tokyngton are the non league equivalant of MK Dons and are as much Ruislip Manor as they are Wimbledon.

StoneyGround - I refer the gentleman to the posts that were made on the subject in October of last year (see below). Ruislip Manor were unceremoniously evicted by Wealdstone who wanted to rule the roost and did not want the Club there, Terry Springer therefore had no option but to seek an alternative playing venue which he painstakingly did, he would have been more than happy to remain at Grosvenor Vale:

http://www.nonleague.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1469190/4.html

Bitch - What are you doing on Monday evening, Tokyngton Manor are playing away to Sport London e Benfica if you fancy it and I'll book a B&B for the night, separate rooms naturally.

Damn! Sorry Rhodesy, i saw this too late! grin

Quote:

Sport London e Benfica 1 Tokyngton Manor 3
Admission

It would be even more interesting to get ManorBorn's view too.

The report on the another forum you have reproduced is a fairly accurate assessment of the evening's entertainment.

I wasn't present on that side of the ground so I can't comment on the account mentioned above. However, if Lato says it is accurate, it probably was, apart from determining who is a Benfica Official and who isn't.

My view about the game is that we were caught flat footed twice in a game that was turning to our favour! After scoring the goal early in the second the momentum was with us and Tokyngton were on the back foot for most of the second.

The customary poor decision regarding 'assimilation' was witnessed by all and ex-Boston Manor Management (introduced to me for the first time last night) commented the same, as did some recently new Benfica matchday regulars.

How a player who still has the ball at his feet, trying to stay on his feet, after an opponent makes a sliding challenge and makes no contact with the ball, is booked, is laughable to say the least and can only bring about the frustration witnessed on the sideline by people who wear their heart on their sleeve and have been present several times witnessing the same.

This, followed by the grave error committed by the officials of:

1 - Not checking the nets of any holes prior to starting the game.

2 - Not being aware of the player's reactions when the ball was found in the back of the net - My keeper went round the post to collect the ball before realising the ball was the other side of the net - The Tokyngton No.9, 'fair play' to him (NOT), didn't even give a very convincing celebration.

3 - Going to the wrong official to approve his wrong decision.

4 - Not checking straight away that the ball could have gone through the net on that side.

Common sense should have prevailed - The Benfica players could not have predicted there was a hole to which a match ball would be able to pass when they claimed that's what happened, nor could they have miraculously 'created a hole' to back their claim which the referee then witnessed and still gave a goal?

After losing our young goalscorer to injury and our No.7 getting a knock, it was always going to be difficult to get the equaliser but with this decision it made it impossible.

Fortunately, it is near the end of the season and it doesn't matter much. But had it been a more important game, there would be different tone to my quote.