Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Alaile or Shave?

Ryan.c

Remind me. Is it Danny or Tony that we've re-signed? And what's the other Driscoll up to lately?

i dont personally feel the management has a clue, players come in, players out all season, for me shave was not a bad player, just a liability...why didnt we just keep soloman henry?

players in and out ...paul smith, marc cleary, robin trott, paul smith, soloman henry, adrian deane,burbs, richard ketchell,..putting flack and hunter on the transfer list. surely this is not good for the team, very unsettling !

Originally Posted By: Cherry Blue
Some may say that shavesey is a "helmet" but lets wait and see wot he deliveres on saturday and then maybe we can judge him by that ? For one week anyway!

Thats if he is going to play on Saturday.

I would say he could possibly come on, but be placed on the bench.

I wouldnt take away any person in our midfield at the moment personally.

I would imagine that, given the choice, Shavesy will be an "off the bench" option, preferably for the last half hour to give tired legs a break & when a Red card may not be too damaging laugh. I say "given the choice" as if we lose any one through injuries that may change.

Originally Posted By: BTFCLARKEY BOY
i dont personally feel the management has a clue, players come in, players out all season, for me shave was not a bad player, just a liability...why didnt we just keep soloman henry?
players in and out ...paul smith, marc cleary, robin trott, paul smith, soloman henry, adrian deane,burbs, richard ketchell,..putting flack and hunter on the transfer list. surely this is not good for the team, very unsettling !

in & out all season?

To bring in and lose 6 players is nothing at our level, and to bring in and lose 6 given the number of injuries we had is amazing.

Last season:
Waltham Forest used 98 players in total
Wivenhoe " 90 "
in our division Wealdstone used 44, Maidstone 37,boreham wood 37, Hornchurch 32.

The real fact is, We have one of, if not the most, settled team in the league, some of our supporters would say, a bit to settled.

Solomon Henery was/is having some personal problems, and because of that he was unable to continue with us.

My view is that there will be valid reasons behind every decision made - financial, tactical, emergency, personal etc. It is not always appropriate to explain the reasons those decisions publically, which is why us fans have to have a level of trust in the people involved in those decisions.

We also have to be patient for those decisions to bear fruit as it might not necessarily be instant. Where would we be today if the management had listened to the views of some of the fans and not signed up Duncan this year? It turns out we didn't "just sign him for the sake of it as we needed a centre back for cover on saturday".

Trust those who know all the facts about the team - their good, bad and ugly points.

Emma and myself took down some "old" BTFC fanzines called "The Cowshed Blues" down to the club yesterday. They came about from our 1989 / 1990 campaign which was dire beyond belief as memory serves and they confirmed (For those of you that look towards the past, they finished 1994 / 1994 season and were put together by John Mapp, Paul Jennings and Keith Riley. There were contributions from Neil Witshire, Emma (my wife), even Dick Marshall contributed).

Everyone that was down the club yesterday will testify that, on the whole, they were very funny, digging out players, rival clubs, games and supporters alike (all in good humour, of course).

There was one article though, that did hit home an was a example that not a lot changes where supporters are concerned. It was a a piece concerning the attitude of a faction of supporters and asked that, as they like to consider themselves as supporters, perhaps, instead of getting on the managers and players backs, they would get behind the team, and I quote

"allow the management staff and players get on with the business of being succesful".

Now, someone is going to point out this is a forum and therefore they have a right to an opinion...I agree.

BUT...

As I type this, points wise, we're not far off the play offs. We are still in the League Cup with a quarter final game next Tuesday, at home, against Dover. What a difference it would make is we all got behind the team and "let them get on with the business of being succesful"...

Gazza am sure you see my name along with a few others and think, "oh christ here he goes, going to dig out the management team again!". Well, maybe you aren't that polite...!!!

Well shocked as you may be I actually agree with you for once. On matchday we should all get behind the team from the start, and to be fair I think most people do. I for one will cheer the team on but once the 90 mins is up I do think we have a right to voice our views be it there and then or on the forum whether they be positive or negative.

And from a 1999 edition of "where's the Vaseline"

"Frustration however, does not merit the individual abuse that some players have been on the end of."

On the next page was a damming match report about a 4-0 loss to Hitchin, written without personal abuse. The report ended by saying" We would have been better off with the supporters team out there..."

Four days later Billericay win 1-0 at Aldershot and its all back to the crown for a p$ss-up and a sing song.

Football is an emotional game, and long may it continue.

See you all tomorrow, I'll be in early to open the post grin

For God's sake give the guy a break !

We all know he ain't the greatest but he does a job - We need the height & somebody with a bit of guts & determination which he does have so we as supporters should get behind the players not just slag em off !

After today's p#ss-poor perfotmance Shavey actually turned out not so bad from a bunch of inept players - Possibly an all-time low - If we can't beat a team like Horsham, then..............

My Dad works with someone who has just become a ref and he said that the FA are fast tracking refs now because there is a low amount of refs these days.

Therefore we are having refs which should be in lower divisions, come in and referee for us which means the game of football is currently being ruined by the less experienced referee's.