Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Alaile or Shave?

Ryan.c

Fair play to Paul Shave he did very well yesterday considering he had so many people knocking him both on here and at the game.

If only other players would do what they are paid to do on the pitch we would be looking a lot better in the table

This is true (I'm a ref !) BUT the guy yesterday sure wasn't a fast tracker !

No probs with youngsters IF they're good enough !

Unfortunately tho fit & keen they lack experience but you can't have both. Some refs don't look like they've played at decent/ any level which is bad too esp on subtle things like advantage etc

They should encourage reffin at school age & ex players too.

We all make errors but really some we've had are unreal !

Originally Posted By: Adam.S
I agree bullens. I thought it was a wrong decision to take Paul off. With the long high balls that we were doing sometimes, and from set peices, he could have been the man to get us a goal with his height.

Just to let you know and probably your club's secretary already knows it,Paul is suspended for 3 matches from 23rd February to 7th March.

This year i haven't coached or followed our u'18s at all.Obviously I can't respond for other's people faults.The only thing I can say it is quite disappointing and embarrassing.

Originally Posted By: Blue Hat
I didn't think this week's ref was that bad. He could have booked a couple of Horsham for kicking the ball away but other than that one of the better refs I've seen this year.

Are you sure you didn't fall asleep during the game on Saturday ????

No I didn't, but I'm not the sort of 'happy clapper' supporter who always blames the ref when the game isn't going well. I lost count of the amount of times I heard shouts of complaint to the ref from our end when he gave a corner/throw in etc against us, when it was perfectly clear he'd given the right decision.

On Saturday the ref was ok, that's not always the case but this one was up to the required standard.

Quote:
On Saturday the ref was ok, that's not always the case but this one was up to the required standard.

I suppose it would be a boring world if we all had the same standards,
Yours seem to be quite a bit lower than mine with regards to the ref