Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 17-December 17 )

• Photo
    dave c

• Photo
    LeagueSecretary

• Photo
    Teflon

• Photo
    Katrina1979

• Photo
    Max

• Photo
    BlueAndWhiteArmy

Photo

Andy's Quote in NLP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
6 replies to this topic

offline David Holden

David Holden
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Gravesend & Northfleet
  • Foes: Dartford
In the match report Andy is quoted as saying that "he would be happy with a goal and trying to defend it"

He has just rung me to say that he didn't say anything of the sort and has no idea where they got that "quote" from.

We went to that match looking for nothing less than three points but on the day just didn't perform. It was not a point gained but two points lost.

Don't you just love these local reporters (Chas excepted)

offline Charles Webster

Charles Webster
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
At least I wasn't watching the Git yesterday. Allegedly. Andy's ironic quote to me after the game was "That'll bring the crowds back". He was totally at a loss as to knowing why we didn't perform.

offline Graham S

Graham S
  • First XI - Weekly Contract
Report obviously by someone who's judgement was clouded by his disappointment in the result. Both in his report & the team listing above it, Ben Walshe is referred to as Ben Walshie! And was poor old Rob Haworth really bad enough to merit a mere 3 in the player ratings? You don't normally get less than 4 even if you get sent off after 20 minutes.

offline jc

jc
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
  • Supports: Ebbsfleet United
To be fair to the NLP, the quote was actually from Vics boss Alvin McDonald, reporting what he claimed Andy had said to him.

offline FourFourTwo

FourFourTwo
  • Reserves
Quote from Andy was from the BBC Website "What I would like to see on Saturday is for us to take the lead and shut up shop" Ford told the Gravesend Messenger Unquote.

offline FleetFanatic

FleetFanatic
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Northwich Victoria boss Alvin McDonald accused his players of lacking passion after they drew 0-0 with Gravesend & Northfleet on Saturday.

Vics created very few chances during the 90 minutes and McDonald warned that unless things improve they are in grave danger of being relegated.

"The effort was nowhere near enough. I am not happy at all," he complained. "That was a vitally important game for us and there was no passion there at all.

"I will put up with individuals playing badly if they are giving 100 per cent, but I will not stand for performances like that. It should have been a cup final for us.

"There is no question that was two points lost, not one gained. There is a mini-league at the bottom end of the Conference and we have got to win games within that.

"Gravesend were happy and I don't blame them. We could not string two passes together, I was very disappointed."

GRAVESEND WERE HAPPY?????

offline Stu B

Stu B
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
"Gravesend & Northfleet boss Andy Ford was delighted that his side finally kept their first clean sheet of the season at Northwich on Saturday, but admitted that their performance hadn't been good.

The game was a dour affair that finished 0-0 with very few chances at either end but Ford was at least able to take some satisfaction from his side's defending.

"It was a poor game and both teams really struggled to find that bit of quality," he told the Medway Messenger.

"I have to be happy with a clean sheet away from home because we defended well the whole of the game.

"At the other end, we didn't work their goalkeeper enough and I didn't think our balls forward were of good quality."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus