Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 13th April - Fixtures, Results

Here's the Holmer Green v Haringey Borough match report:

http://www.haringeyboroughfc.com/index.php?p=games&s=details&ID=863968&conf=&div=

"Perhaps rather surprisingly for he had gone to ground a few yards out in the course of a desperate goal-mouth scramble". Think that sums it up.

Not sure I've ever blamed anyone, we're a team and we all take responsibility on the pitch. Defensively we aren't good enough, we ship too many goals. Attacking wise, we do look like a threat but we can't retain the ball well enough to get the ball to our strikers. We are where we where are for a reason, only way is up.

PREMIER DIVISION

3-1 Stotfold v Colney Heath

A report on this affair from another Forum:

Stotfold (1) 3, Colney Heath (0) 1,

SSML PREM

Admission £6 / £3, Programme £1

Attendance 71

My first choice Churches game was off, not because of the weather but the visitors were unable to raise a side. Second choice was in Stevenage, at Peartree Park, for another Churches League. I must admit I wasn't hopeful and my fears were realised when the park was totally devoid of any football! I noticed there was a result for this game on MiToo, but it certainly wasn't played at Peartree!

So, where to in the afternoon, a game with cover was thought best. I decided on a rare Saturday trip to Stotfold with the visitors being Colney Heath. Both teams were sitting just below halfway in the table but served up a good afternoon's entertainment after an uninspiring start. The rain started just after kick-off to dampen the proceedings and it took a Stotfold goal to kick start the game after half an hour. From then on the visitors came back strongly and should have gone into the break at least on level terms. Heath did finally equalise nine minutes into the second half but allowed the home side to retake the lead within a minute of the restart. Stotfold sealed the points with a well taken free kick with nine minutes remaining.

Sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity. Very harsh, everyone on the side said it was harsh

I was there and agree it was a ridiculous decision. I saw you in the midst of a scramble fall to the ground and the ball hit your hand. It wasnt as if you deliberately dived on it to stop the ball going into the net. I suppose that is the way your luck goes when you are at the bottom. I've had to endure that sort of luck for too many years so I know how you feel. Good bunch of lads , played in a good spirit and hope you avoid the drop which is still a possibility I think regardless of where you finish.

I was there and I thought it was a stone-wall red. Some defenders, such as Pallister and Bruce in the 90's, have a way of making things look accidental when really, they know exactly what they're doing. I'm afraid it was just the latest chapter in a book entitled "Pressing the Self-Distruct Button".

A Groundhoppers Views

South Mids Div One at Winslow Sports Club. Adm/prog - 4 and 1. Tea 1 pound.

Winslow United 1-2 Hoddesdon Town. Att 45.

Decided to stay 'fairly' close to home today, sixty miles only. Good decision as woke up with nasty cold.

Left home in rain to find dry roads in Bucks. Rain started immediately game kicked off, which was a relief as the heavy pitch perhaps could not have taken too much of it pre-match.

Hoddesdon, top, but having played more games than teams around them, were a tad lucky to win this, as their keeper made 2/3 good saves in the first half. Winslow had 2 sent off, 1st a second booking, 2nd one in last minute, but was never a dirty game, HT players whinging every time they got tackled didn't help and we had some quality hand bags between the two benches at the first sending off. The WU coach/manager looked like a cross between Bob Stokoe, Cup Final 1973, Grey mac etc, and Michael Palin as fan of Barnstoneworth United in Ripping Yarns !!

Scooped wife back from local NT house, and stopped in South Oxfordshire at the excellent 'Red Lion' (2012 S Oxon pub of year) in Brightwell cum Sotwell for Loddon and West Berks beers and excellent food. Good day out.

Nice enough little ground, food and drinks in tidy clubhouse at HT. One small atcost stand, 2/3 rows of seats, standing at back. Enjoyed game in company of hopper who was a Wimbledon fan from Stevenage, he completing D1 of this league.

Was on the bench again for Satruday's visit of Kings Langley in a 2-3 home defeat.

But worst was the fact for the second week running, someone had their car broken into, in broad daylight in the car park next to the main pitch. I know West London is a bit dodgy, but to have the cheek to come back again, is a disgrace. If your coming to Reynolds Field, don't leave any valuable in the car, and maybe leave a large dog in the back as security.