Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HORNCHURCH 2 ENFIELD TOWN 0

Dagger03

Monday 11-May-2015

Isthmian League Cup Final (Under 21 – Reserves)

HORNCHURCH  2  ENFIELD TOWN  0

Played at whyteleafe.

HFC – Ben Lane – Jake Piper – Giani Ashley – Tom Potter – Sam Burton © - Bobby Moorton – Frankie Holland – Sam Dickens – Ross Damrell – Luke Dickens – George O’Connor

Subs – Will King – Curtley Yates – Jack Hadley – Matt Bentley

ET – Curtis Jackson – Richard Bryant – Jamie Newby – Aaron Nash – Isaac Nkosi – Gabby Adelawo – Nadver Brown – Kjake Kenehaly – Dernell Wynter – Benen Gukliman – Tommy Hunn

Alex Michaledes – Brandy Makvendi – Kerem Ishmael – Ollie Leslie

Officials – Josh Godfrey – Brian Woodhouse, Andy Symons, Zoltan Konkoly

Scorers – Oconnor 16 – Damrell 61

Ryman League vice-chairman Nick Robinson and league director Craig Johnson presented the trophy and medals.

The decision to play the match at Whytelefe proved to be unpopular with the supporters of Enfield and Hornchurch, as the official gate was only 40.

Would have been great for the fans to have a great win and cheer on a wining team but I feel it wad a bad decision to hold the match at a venue well away for both sets of fans. But hey well done lads a great win for the club wish I could have got there

Think that was the paying gate. As ever there was an awful lot of compies.

Thanks for posting Lee, do you know why the game was played at your place? I take it this was down to the authorities.

I think that was the paying gate. Each club had 27 comps, which included the players and management (though we only used 25). Then there were a couple of league officials and, of course, Whyteleafe people. There were probably around 55 actual spectators. As for the venue, I'll hold my hand up for that. Clubs were told at the quarter-final stage that the final would be on May 11 at one of the finalists' grounds but neither we nor Enfield responded until we reached the final and neither of us could stage it on that date. By then there were a limited number of alternative grounds available (Harlow wasn't). Enfield could have staged it on another date but we decided we'd rather go to Whyteleafe than give our opponents home advantage.     

Archived