Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 18-December 17 )

• Photo
    Steve_J

• Photo
    paul butts

• Photo
    Butts

• Photo
    Massimo.Oldham

• Photo
    butts53

Photo

Hoping to find a cure for Cancer.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
44 replies to this topic

offline Mark (Flag) Braintree

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
Cheers U.B and everyone who has sent a pm or similar message on here.

It is not good news, the leak from the tissue in the lungs means now he has been sedated and put to sleep, yesterday we were told 2 days sedation, last night phone call told 4 days sedation and now this morning saw the surgeon and they don't know could be days/ weeks / months of him being sedated. They say they are doing everything.

Usually the hospital dont phone you, but when they phone you at the weekend at 8am you know something is up.

They can not bring him out of sedation until the tear starts to respond to treatment, but they dont know how long this will take. We have been told he is now in the top Intensive Unit they have and obviously does not know that my mum, sisters and myself have been sitting their.

The surgeon has said that he is in serious danger and is now on thier critical list. He is wired upto a ventelator and has additional tubes and lines to the previous nine and is wired up to machines galore. Spent the whole day with Mum today by his side. Will see him again tomorrow.

Yesterday I still went out with the boys at Aylesbury away as it takes your mind off it for a while. I was up there Friday and today.

I just pray he will pull through this, but the surgeon said this is as bad as it gets.

offline Bald_Eagle

Bald_Eagle
  • Youth Team Coach
  • rank
Been through your ordeal a few times myself mate, just stay cool and I hope everything works out for you and your family.

offline American FLEET FAN No1

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Hope,prayers and well wishes are with you and your family!

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
I can't imagine what you are going through but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

offline Bluebird

Bluebird
  • Reserves
I'll second that.
I've been reading the messages of support to you and your family on the message board and its amazing to see how many peoples lifes have been touched by cancer.
My father found a lump in his leg about 12 years ago. It turned out to be cancer. Back then it looked likely he would have to have his leg amputated, but he had a pioneering operation and his fine now (touch wood).
I've been a patient myself at the hospital in Whitechapel, although not for cancer, and i have nothing but praise for the staff there- a wonderful hospital, so your dads in good hands.
My thoughts and prayers are with you
Vic

offline The Invisible Man

The Invisible Man
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Hang on in there Mark, we're all with you and your Mum and Dad, in spirit.

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
Thank you all, it is just a case now of going to chapel with mum in the mornings and then sitting by his bedside and hoping.

As a friend of mine said, I must stay positive for my Mum and Dad so they both believe that I expect him to pull through this.

Back up there in the morning.

Thanks all.

offline Big J R

Big J R
  • Vice-President
  • rank
  • Supports: Chelsea !!
  • Foes: NO-ONE !
  • Fav. Player(s): Any that don't dive and whinge !!
  • Fav. Sport(s): Naked Tiddly-Winks for over 70's.
All the best Mark. I went through it with my Mum and my Mother in Law, so I know how you're feeling !

offline mala_D

mala_D
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Stay positive Mark. We're all with you on this one.

offline chilled out entertainer

chilled out entertainer
  • First XI - Permanent
I truly hope that everything works out for you and your family. Cancer is a terrible disease as many people unfortunately find out. I lost my nan to cancer. Keep fighting.

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
Unfortunately the Cancer part of my Dad's Op has been put to one side, with the Kidney / Heart / Lungs / Chest problems, he has not been awake since Friday night, (2/4/4) we were suppose to be getting the results of the Stomach removal yesterday, but the Surgeon has now other concerns, you stare at the machines he is connected to and you listen out for any bleep or wavy line, though none of us know what we are looking for.

My mum is falling apart, I go up and sit with her every day (nearly) she is so frightened of getting another call, she has a shower at night, and then sleeps in her clothes incase they call her. She is not eating, take her out to get something during the day, but she picks at it.

Try to stay strong for mum and two sisters, but it is starting to wear me down. Friends say stay positive, but with everything that has happened I find it now hard to believe that this will be a happy ending, cant tell mum that.

Thanks to you all. Watching the Iron and being on the net (This Forum in particular) takes my mind off it for a while, but when you go to sleep, it goes round and round in your head.

Going back up in the morning.

offline Urchin Boy

Urchin Boy
Hope He Pulls Through Mark !

It Seem's You Are Staying Strong For Everyone But No One Is Really There For You !

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
My girlfriend Mand has been brilliant. Someone who I can unburden all.

offline Urchin Boy

Urchin Boy
Gud Gud !

Best Of Luck M8 From All The Hornchurch Fans !

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
Appreciated Ub, Flag.

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Hey Mark.....we are here......and i was always told a trouble shared is a trouble halved, support is all we can give.......but we give it freely!

Mark (Flag) Braintree
  • Youth Team Coach
went up the hospital this morning and my mum was given the news, we were dreading, my Dad's Dr has said they do not expect him to pull through this.

Ok deep down we may have thought it, but it is now said by them. (The Surgeon, Drs and Nurses)If they think it, well. They have said they will continue to do all they can.

We now only have the hope that they are wrong, we were talking to some relatives of some other man in the I.T.U and his family were told the same, he has come round, but he is in a bad way but he is still alive 3 weeks after they were told that.

My sister youngest is now keeping my mum company for the rest of today and my other sister is going up tomorrow. I plan to go back up Easter Sunday.

Life is [***!!***] [***!!***].

offline mala_D

mala_D
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Very sorry to hear this Mark...but there is still a chance. Don't give up hope. Thinking of ya, mate...!

American FLEET FAN No1
  • Youth Team Coach
Ditto

offline Urchin Boy

Urchin Boy
Thinking Of You And Your Family.

Urchin Boy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts