Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A heart felt request

James

TO DAVE HOLDEN

Given the state of our official website and the complete lack of stats, up to date info and lack of decent match reports, Dave would you consider setting up an unofficial website and providing such useful info as you did so well previously as I am becoming more and more dissillusioned with the current website and its ability to provide anything useful what so ever. Does anybody else out there feel the same

James, i nearly wrote the same sort of thing the other day, but i thought everyone was a little tierd of people going on about the web site,but as you,ve bought the subject back up again lets hope things get rolling again.

Whitebuckets site is looking very good lets just hope that speeds up a touch,and gets all the use. As for the "official site" it is a complete joke, looks stupid, and lacks any sort of up to date information.

I know many of us couldnt do better but if someone is doing it for a football club, surely that person should do it right or get some one in that can.

I have to sadly admit that I have deleted GNFC Home page from my favourites list.

Even on half speed broadband it takes too long to load and navigate around, is totally out of date, looks hideous, sounds worse, and is an embarrassment to a forward looking semi-pro club. If amateurs can obviously create a much better site, why have the club wasted money on their pathentic effort?

I have put whitebucket.net on in it's place.

Believe there have been a couple of reserve games over the past couple of weeks. Nothing on the website. Shame would be nice to have the results, team, trialists etc. Like to know all aspects of the club

Talk about non freedom of speach i wrote on the official site and told them i thought the site was a joke, pointless and a waste of space, also no updates league tables etc etc, and also this is my opinion and mine alone although others might agree, and 5 hours later it has been totally wiped out...pathetic thats what it is mad.gif

Taken from official site front page:

"New signing from Oxford United in time for Monday's game against York."

Does that mean we're playing Forest Green today? Better set off now! wink.gif

Quote:
UP FLEET said:
and 5 hours later it has been totally wiped out...

...and then hired a hit squad to take out yer chimp!

Seriously...
WhiteBucket's site looks well promising, and it looks like there'll be loads on there of interest to non-GNFC fans too.
It seems to have a sense of humour which reflects Fleet fans more than that Robot Wars site.

Getting there, chaps. But I'd rather put the bulk of it up all at once when it's ready, rather than just piecemeal as it's easier to keep track of all the data, images, etc, then.

Like Dave's well-worn phrase when he was webmeister, however, this is being done as and when I can do it, so updates aren't going to happen the evening of a match, but as quickly as I can get to them.

I would hope Whitebucket will be seeing the light of day by mid-September, maybe even slightly earlier.