Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Friendly - Hertford V Cheshunt

Think it was 0-2 in Cheshunts favour. Fitness, pace and sharpness levels were the biggest contrast. Cheshunt did look about 3 weeks ahead on that front. Some encouraging signs though for me, Leo Turner looked the best Hertford player for me. Right back 'Marshy' also had a very good game. Coops showed good touches and Redford lively but both pretty much starved of service due to Cheshunts closing down of the Hertford midfield. HTFC One pulled off a great double block in the second half and didn't have a chance with either goal.

Still a lot of players that weren't involved so could be an interesting few weeks for the manager as he shapes the side to get the right balance.

Nice to see you at the game NF - sorry I didn't have more time to talk - what with doing everything bar take the gate money!

Good summing up of the game, from what I saw of it.

Shhh Blues06, we've all made a pact not to mention that!!!!

Ha ha...I guess we all have opinions...and i know blues06 shares the same ones as me...one of the drawbacks of only having 2 pre season games is that you cant give everyone enough time to show what they can do...tuesday was a good work out and should have given the manager alot of food for thought !?

Only 2 of the 4 that started on tuesday should start in my opinion Horace, im not gona name names tho.

H is a good player, played against him a few times b4 and he reads the game very well!!

Steve Mchuge is another player i'd have in the back 4 too

McHuge.. is that a freudian slip blues06!?!

Always tricky to name your preferences in public when people know who you are! As fans it isn't a problem but for players it's bit more of an issue. As I'm going to be a fan this season I think I can give my opinion!!

I agree about McHugh, good player.. I'd actually play a back 3 personally with McHugh behind Draper and Watts.

Midfield is the interesting bit, Roberts out left. I wouldn't play Neilson out right as I think you'd get more end product with him playing centrally. Kevin Ashwood at right wing back.

Central, I'd play Taylor, Turner and Neilson with Cooper and Redford up top.

OK, just heard Draper hasn't actually signed yet so i'll have a rethink on that one!