Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

tragic events in portugal...

concern me somewhat....

the reality that this little girl is missing is sad enough in itself but frankly hundreds of kids go missing every day all over the world and we don't have all of this celebrity - media circus stuff...guess most of them are not the offspring of middle class professional people...who knows....

but that's not what concerns me most...the facts surrounding the disappearance of this young child do not add up at all.....am I the only one that thinks that something is seriously wrong here...?

-child left alone with two siblings aged 2

-at least 500 yards from restaurant, parents say 50 yards, tv graphics shows more than 500 yards

-no obvious sign of break in

-immediate local male single suspects x two apprehended and houses searched which came to nowt

-parents smiling for the cameras as they declare feelings of guilt for leaving the kids alone

-both contradict each other over whether they returned to check on kids, one says they did, the other says they didn't

-UK lawyers involved to handle all of the donations?

-gordon brown now involved?

-parents now asking for information on latest suspect hitherto not mentioned

we all hope and trust that the little girl is safe and is found. Somehow I doubt it. Hope I am wrong.

I doubt very much she will ever be found.

If that was my kids, I certainly wouldn't leave them alone in a foreign country.

If you go on holiday with your children, you should spend some time with them and that includes meals and not just leave them to their own devices.

If you can afford to go on a holiday such as the one these people did, surely you can afford to hire someone trusted to go along and watch the children at times you wish to have couple time. In most cases, a trusted teenage neighbour or family member would go along for free or nearly free, just for the chance to go to another country.

It shows lack of responsibility on the part of the parents to leave children of those ages alone, whether at home or in another country.

Yup. Sure, maybe now they regret their stupid choice, but anyone with common sense would have thought ahead to prevent it. If your child doesn't mean enough to you to pay someone to look after her, it says quite a bit.

it is easy for us to cast the first stone, most of us agree that they have made a very poor choice and with hindsight they may have done things differently. The longer they are in the medias eye the more stones will be cast.

I have never left my children on their own until they were in their teens.

I am sorry for the little girl but not for her selfish parents.

What really gets on my wick at the moment is this fashion to wear yellow ribbons,i assume it means that they support stupidity.

They should have know better.

The children were all conceived through fertility treatment so surely they must of wanted them in the first place.

To then leave them 'home alone' its just like Cantos says pure stupidity!!

I just hope the little girl is ok. I have NO sympathy for the parents though.

If I was lucky enough to have children I would never leave them alone at such a young age.

Strange to say this, but I'm completely with Unc on this one.

Our No 2 Son-in-Law's family live and work in the South od Spain, and he readily tells me that kids are snatched there, usually of anglo appearance and disappear. They are taken via Morocco and sold into slavery, never to be seen again.

Big business apparently, and they said slavery died years ago !

YEAH, RIGHT !

Originally Posted By: Digger The Cat
it is easy for us to cast the first stone, most of us agree that they have made a very poor choice and with hindsight they may have done things differently. The longer they are in the medias eye the more stones will be cast.

I think my initial post has been misunderstood.....it goes without saying that the kids should not have been left alone and no.. I have never done it ever with my three....

what I am concerned about is the strange behaviour of all involved in this media circus....were I a police officer investigating this case I would be very very suspicious about the whole thing...

something is not what it seems to be methinks..

I had the same thought, Unc !

Horrible as it is to say, the parents seem far too 'relaxed' considering what is supposed to have happened to their daughter.

That apart, I can't help feeling that the Portugese police are inept at best, bl00dy useless at worst !

Originally Posted By: Big J R
I had the same thought, Unc !

Horrible as it is to say, the parents seem far too 'relaxed' considering what is supposed to have happened to their daughter.

That apart, I can't help feeling that the Portugese police are inept at best, bl00dy useless at worst !

its also gone very quiet on the press front after the usual suspects from FS had their annual freebie in the sun courtesy of yet another overblown tragedy....

so we are on page 4/5 now and perhaps the vulchers are looking into the background of all of the parties involved...

watch next weeks front page then...

I hear that the family have been granted a audience with the Pope.

Being a Roman Catholic i would love to be offered such an audience.

I suppose raising two disabled sons from childhood to adulthood is not the best way to achieve this.

Agreed, Digger.

From the start this has not looked like some poor childless woman nicking the baby she never had. So, one very uncomfortable thought that has struck me every time I have seen the publicity, was that if the poor kid was kidnapped, then blasting her picture, with that tell-tale eye defect all over Europe would have the effect of making her so noticeable that the paedo's would have little choice.... I hope I am wrong!

Originally Posted By: cantos
I hear that the family have been granted a audience with the Pope.

Being a Roman Catholic i would love to be offered such an audience.

I suppose raising two disabled sons from childhood to adulthood is not the best way to achieve this.

be secure in what you believe in cantos...

diggsy you are spot on...