Adverts are hidden for all 'Gold Members' - sign up for just £10 a year by clicking here | Advertise here for just 25p per 1,000 impressions - click here
Welcome to Fans Focus. You are currently viewing as a guest. Please login or register to post.    

Sign in icon Sign In Register Register Help Help Login with Facebook Login with Twitter

League section covering 2,000+ clubs - check out your division and club page click here!

Recent Topics

Recent Status Updates
(Update your status via the dropdown
to the right of your name (top left))

View All Updates

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's Birthdays ( 23-August 17 )

• Photo
    Barney

• Photo
    mickadeem

• Photo
    CockneyBertie

Photo

Thurrock Result

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
regular view basic view
8 replies to this topic

offline Squadron Leader

Squadron Leader
  • First XI - Permanent
  • Supports: Enfield Town FC Arsenal FC Fort William FC

Thurrock 1 - Enfield Town Nil

A good solid performance by Town according to Mr Safety Officer.

Some of the new signings looked impressive.

elephant

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
  • National Squad - 2nd XI
Team sheets irrelevant

Both teams played a settled team first half and more experimental second half.

Town in early stages were very much in charge. A nice flick on for Bryan Hammatt to shoot over the bar.
At the other end JJ abandoned to a one on one outside his box which he successfully cleared. JJ saved low to his right. Thurrock shot across goal. David Bastian looked recovered from last season’s injury and back in his wing back role.
Town won a corner for Bryan to rise above the rest to skim on the rebound falling for Andy Jones to sky over the cross bar. Still a challenge I see! A lovely shot from David Bastian was saved by Mann for it to drop in front of Bryan. At the town end there was a goal mouth mêlée and Town did well to retain composure. JJ saved a top right corner shot. Thurrock then shot over the bar.
Bryan went down in the box after a slip with a beautiful dive town fans were all set to hold up score cards. The best shot of the first half was a sublime header by Bastian off the post. What a shot (almost a goal in his own net). Someone tell him which way we are shooting! Good first half performance certainly rattled Thurrock!

Second half all change and without Ozie as target man town seemed to lose our shape. Town's best shot was from Jamie Nay who forced the keeper to curl his shot round his near post. At the other end town caught napping and Hasler beaten 1 – 0.

It was interesting to watch Ozie's style of slow, slow, quick, quick, slow. Yes you’ve guessed it Foxtrot Foster!

offline Mr Happy

Mr Happy
  • Youth Team Coach
  • Supports: Enfield Town & Spurs
  • Foes: Gooner scumbags
What was the line up?

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
I can’t confirm the full starting line-up as there were a couple of new lads I didn’t recognise. Adam Gant, James Dickie, Dave Bastian, Andy Jones, Steve Velandia, Paul Campbell, Ozie Foster and JJ all started. Town played well in the first half and Ozie Foster looked good. In the second half JC made seven changes and Town lost their shape with all the changes. It was a good Town performance especially in the first half.

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
Robbie Carroll is a bit new

offline Duke of York

Duke of York
  • Reserves Coach
The programme listed David Bryant in their starting lineup. Come to think of it I didn't see Town's DB on the terraces!

offline lovely stuff

lovely stuff
  • National Squad - 1st XI
Can anyone name the trialists who came on second half?I think there were about 6 new faces.

Also did my eyes deceive me, or did we have 3 players wearing a N07 shirt in the second half?

offline Hawkeye Pierce

Hawkeye Pierce
Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Can anyone name the trialists who came on second half?I think there were about 6 new faces.

Also did my eyes deceive me, or did we have 3 players wearing a N07 shirt in the second half?

No I can't name the trialist but in fairness to JC at least he gave them a chance to show what they could do.

Are you going to tell the kit boy he had 3 sevens out there? You are either brave or foolhardy. If one of them had scored we could have said it was a lucky strike!

offline Jim Cunneen

Jim Cunneen
  • Reserves Coach
  • Supports: Shortwood Utd, ETFC
  • Foes: Witney, Bitton
  • Fav. Player(s): Andy Hoskins,
  • Fav. Sport(s): Cricket
1st half

John, Campbell, Bastian, Carroll, Gant, James Dickie, Velandia, Kofi Nyamah, Ozie Foster, Hammatt, Jones

2nd half
Charlie Hasler, Tickner, Nay, Glen Harvey, Richard Georgiou, Torre Capone, Nyamah, Hammatt, Magona, Daniel Moss, Velandia, sub Hall

Waiting for confirmation on some of the spellings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

View New Posts

List of all CLUBS on Fans Focus