Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

the genius that is rhodes

Originally Posted By: paulb
Has the charitable debt been settled as yet?

Yes, Jonno very kindly put the fiver in himself, I'll give it to Johnnie Flynn on Saturday to give him at Coles Park, I assume he will be present and my ears will be white hot all afternoon

Jonno is unlikely to be present at Coles Park as reserves are at home (assuming he isn't working that is). I will kindly pass it on to him as I will (hopefully should) be at Coles Park.

Can you ask Johnnie Flynn for the envelope when you arrive at Coles Park about 1.30, he might not have started taking the money on the gate as yet but he'll be around somewhere

Originally Posted By: Football Man
Incidentally, I see Gordon Boateng has left Harlow Town and is weighing up his options. Don't forget clip Rods, if he's back at Brimsdown before Christmas you'll have lost a lot of potential income! grin

No surprise there then, Wader won't thank you though for exposing 'his friend' as a failure at Harlow Town.
So you admit then that if he's not back at Goldsdown Road as Manager on 25 December I can look forward to a cool £60 coming my way, perhaps we should wait until then and you can then collect £30 of it from three of the six individuals, I'm not bothered which three they are.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Incidentally, I see Gordon Boateng has left Harlow Town and is weighing up his options. Don't forget clip Rods, if he's back at Brimsdown before Christmas you'll have lost a lot of potential income! grin

No surprise there then, Wader won't thank you though for exposing 'his friend' as a failure at Harlow Town.
So you admit then that if he's not back at Goldsdown Road as Manager on 25 December I can look forward to a cool £60 coming my way, perhaps we should wait until then and you can then collect £30 of it from three of the six individuals, I'm not bothered which three they are.

So are you going to use these "winnings" to repay the debts you have disgracefully reneged upon, elsewhere on this forum?

Wader won't thank you though for exposing 'his friend' as a failure at Harlow Town.

Where has anyone said he failed?

So you admit then that if he's not back at Goldsdown Road as Manager on 25 December I can look forward to a cool £60 coming my way

I didn't say anything about any particular position within the club and, if I recall correctly, neither did you. Your original wager just revolved around Mr. Boateng "being at Brimsdown" at Christmas.

perhaps we should wait until then and you can then collect £30 of it from three of the six individuals, I'm not bothered which three they are.

I think not. I look forward to receiving your envelope containing £30 of legal British currency from Mr. Flynn tomorrow.

I look forward to receiving your envelope containing £30 of legal British currency from Mr. Flynn tomorrow

So you're definitely going to Haringey Borough v Hoddesdon Town tomorrow then, I'm sure there's an ulterior motive for that with so many other games to choose from.

I wasn't going to that game until I realised that you were going to be settling your debts by way of little brown envelopes via Johnny Flynn. If you weren't, I had been planning to go to a different game tomorrow. You should be grateful that I'm making life easy for you. When will you be handing the money over to John, out of interest?

I admit to initially being a little confused about Gordons choice to go to Harlow as number 2. He is after all his own man and would need autonomy to stamp his own mark without hindrance.

However, having thought about it, a great move for his CV and for extending his experience in non-league football. His knowledge now of yet more players and different techniques and all at a higher level will be invaluable. He is now hopefully in a position to move forward as the gaffer of a suitable team with the benefit of that experience added to his considerable talents. I wish him well.

When will you be handing the money over to John, out of interest?

He only lives a couple of minutes walk from me so probably tonight or in the morning but I thought it was only £20 that your Charity was owed, where did the other £10 come from. Do you want me to put a copy of our programme in the envelope from tomorrow's game with Arlesey Athletic or aren't you interested.

I thought it was only £20 that your Charity was owed, where did the other £10 come from.

Nope, definitely £30. Check back through the threads if you need to know where the othger £10 comes from.

Do you want me to put a copy of our programme in the envelope from tomorrow's game with Arlesey Athletic or aren't you interested.

No thanks. Incidentally, I hear you were down to 24 pages for the Ampthill game!

No that's not the case and it will soon be back to the standard of Hello and OK magazine proportions it was last season. I've just finished tomorrow's issue however I understand that there is a 10.30 pitch inspection due to all the rain we've had today, that must surely mean Haringey v Hoddesdon is in serious doubt.

It wouldn't have been the same without that barbed comment tucked on the end! How many of your programmes this season have exceeded 24 pages? (don't get me wrong, I believe that 24 pages is quite enough, but you have again avoided giving a definitive answer, rather you have made a hyperbolic statement about future intentions)