Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Wealdstone v Billericay

Ryan.c

Deserved a point I think, we kept going throughout. First half bit scrappy from both sides, 2nd half opened up and I think it's fair to say neither side will be happy with their defending.

Very attacking side second half once Abbott had gone off, more like a 4 man attack even before they had scored. Marron had an encouraging debut, got forward well on the left and we'll need an option there with Hodges out now (he's due to have an op next week which will keep him out until January). Burbs played well and deserved his goal.

Any points gained outside of Essex midweek have to be regarded as a triumph especially having been 2-0 down and given our current situation.

There were some good performances, ok performances and some bad performances but at the moment points are the only things that count.

I think we did pick up one or two yellows but sorry can't remember who (sorry ryan). Bradshaw was late arriving from Kent and therefore did not make the squad.

The second half was one of the best 45s (entertainment wise)I've seen for a long time although as Simon said the coaches probably wouldn't have been too pleased defensively.

Hopefully that fightback will instil some belief into the players and we can get the maximum on Saturday.

Come on you blues!!

Although I couldnt be there, it sounds like a good battling performance. I must admit to jumping around my living room when the Twitter Text came through to tell me we had pulled it back to 2-2!

Well done lads. A good result after the tough week everyone has had.

Thought we started very brightly, but after 15 mins i think fair to say wealdstone took the game more. Superb free kick by Dorms in the first half bringing a great save - We really started to play well after we had gone 2 down. I was fearing a goal fest after the second but the lads really applied a great working attitude and i think we ended the game really strongly. Wealdstone do have players who can strike a good shot from outside the box (seem to remember that from last season too). Felt sorry for Jack - He is a mere 17 years and has acres of learning time ahead of him 0 but he did pull off a great block at 2-2. All in all a really workmanlike performance -

Well done lads.

Hi!

Neil Marron is brother off Carl (a regular to Ricay most Weekends, and my best mate), some of you might know him.

Neil is class, I have played footie with him regularly on a Monday night for about 18 months. He started with the Ricay reserves a few months back and under the new management looks like he has been given a chance in the 1st team. Neil works hard and never gives up (good finisher too)

Well done Neil.

Well he certainly arrowed his strike ! smile It really did travel and had hardly any uplift from when he struck it to when it hit the net. Looked to be a hard working player...hope he continues in this vein.

Also, was good to see Burbs net as that will do him the power of good too.

A tough place to go midweek and not the best of conditions.

I thought we started brightly, but as has been the case previously this season, after a good opening 15, the opposition crept into the game. Though to be fair to Wealdstone they're a tough unit that work hard for each other.

Cracking strike for their first, when the 2nd went in I feared the worst.

I think the performance thereafter may well prove to be of far greater value than the single point with which it was rewarded.

Effort and bloody-mindedness. Throw a bit of belief and confidence into the mix and it may yet prove a very valuable 20 minutes indeed.

Onwards and upwards boys, you showed character and determination last night. Good on ya!

Now then, this Ramsgate lot, I think we owe 'em...