Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

and with baited breath....

Uncle Urchin

we all applauded as the ref blew the final whistle and this triology of a fixture was finally bought to a close....

took me 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back so thats 6 hours travelling to watch one ryman premier match....must be a record.... grin..

the match itself was not for the faint hearted and although I know that a lot of the hijinks from jim and his jester in the stands is tongue in cheek it won't gain any fans in non league football.... the screaming and shouting over every decision at the ref and the lino and the abuse aimed at our bench is not really my idea of a good football match and quite frankly I didn't rate the ramsgate team either.....they just kick and kick until something happens...and in fairness something did...they equalised and nicked a point.... frown

much to the relief of burke and hare.. blk_md_wht blu_md_wht

having said that it is NL footie and there are teams like ramsgate that take great motivation from being physically capable and to be fair after it had all started we were not exactly angels either both on and off the pitch....the arrival of the eastside into the adjoining directors area after half time certainly quietened jim and the jester thats for sure... devil

we should have won it as we were much the better team but for the umpteemph time this season we have conceded a goal against the run of play by backing off a midfield runner....great starting changes from colin with limited options and great play from the lads on the pitch in a very physical game....there will be a few battered and bruised from boths sides in the morning...(and I trust and hope that the ramsgate boy stretchered of is okay)

there was little heard from the much vaunted local gobby chavs and in the main mostly friendly and decent fans down there...very accomodating staff and very friendly and hospitable officials...if they can temper down the repetitive pitchside bollox from burke and hare the club will be better respected for it.....just my opinion but don't hold your breath... harlekin

well done colin and the lads...10 points from a possible 15 from the kent badlands and not many will do that...and also a big well done to the 50 travelling urchins on a sub zero night .. applause

up to 8th and onwards to ricay on saturday....

must admit some of the best football this season from hornchurch in the first hour and to be honest we should have been out of site but ramsgate got into there stride and had a feeling they were going to score and they did and then hit the woodwork straight after then amos came on and scared the life out of them a point well earned so no complaints and well done to the coach driver for getting us out of the ramsgate blockade

Excellent result - sorry I could not get there - it's the first I have missed since the match at Lewes.

I thought I could get there and booked on the coach, only to be told I had a committee meeting which from 4 to 6.30.

It ended early (5.30) but I was still on the wrong side of Dagenham and had no chance of making it.

So Kel - line ups, subs, attendance, and times of goals please.

Unc - is tomorrow's Cap Lge still on?