Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

More money than sense but thanks very much..

DA11

They have a button the Myfc site to extend membership. Bloody marvellous considering it's not official yet. One blokes extended to 5 years. Looks like a my dicks bigger than yours. High Priest Willie Brooks must be planning a very nice family holiday next year. Thanks everyone keep that money rolling in.

Originally Posted By: DA11
They have a button the Myfc site to extend membership. Bloody marvellous considering it's not official yet. One blokes extended to 5 years. Looks like a my dicks bigger than yours. High Priest Willie Brooks must be planning a very nice family holiday next year. Thanks everyone keep that money rolling in.

But isn't this a bit of having it both ways? For weeks all I read was that no one would sign up for year two, leaving EUFC in the lurch. Now when people are signing up for longer commitments, you're railing at that, too?

Rant away, but at least be consistent about it.

Originally Posted By: rsheard

But isn't this a bit of having it both ways? For weeks all I read was that no one would sign up for year two, leaving EUFC in the lurch. Now when people are signing up for longer commitments, you're railing at that, too?

Please don't judge others by my quotes. I can say what I like fella. As I said thanks for the money. But the deal isn't finalised yet as it kept being quoted in reply to low attendance. Which is why I said more money than sense. But thanks for commenting.

Originally Posted By: Yorkfox
I think if the option to upgrade your membership was available back in August , then a lot of people would have done it then. When you join, you just think you are joining, the idea of years is not in your mind. You just click 1 year and join.

Suppose so. But the guy is in the States which makes all the more strange especially with the exchange rate. Don't want to seem to be knocking him but what is he seriously going to get out of it?

I think the overseas effect is quite hard to understand sometimes. In England, we tend to have our club, dads club, friends club. Overseas they love the football, but who do they follow ? . This project has given a connection, they will soon have a club. I think its great if that club is a proper club like Ebbsfleet rather than an easy very big club to follow.

I honestly belive that if god forbid the DD went wrong, you would retain a lot of people with a strong feeling for Ebbsfleet. Football is a feeling game, emotional, and there is a strong connection being made here by people with Ebbsfleet.

When you read of people flying in from The States and elsewhere, you have to respect them and they are making a real financial commitment there. The number of people who are going to visit longlost relatives in the UK and while they are there, catch a game is quite amusing to read.

Originally Posted By: John Pearce

Suppose so. But the guy is in the States which makes all the more strange especially with the exchange rate. Don't want to seem to be knocking him but what is he seriously going to get out of it?

No more and no less than the rest of the MyFc morons.....f"*k all!

JP. A bit harsh. Some have benefited by attending which in turn has benefited the club. Some of the members that I have met to be honest have been far from moronic. I just do not understand certain motives of those members ie those in the US etc.

Originally Posted By: rsheard

Please don't judge others by my quotes. I can say what I like fella. As I said thanks for the money. But the deal isn't finalised yet as it kept being quoted in reply to low attendance. Which is why I said more money than sense. But thanks for commenting.

Of course you can say what you like. Doesn't mean it makes any sense, nor does it mean I don't have the right to point it out.

As for the motivations of us Americans, I think they're even easier to understand than a Brit who already has ties to another club.

I don't have a local club--no conflict of interest. And yes, I'm one of those who has already purchased flight tickets to come to a couple of games, not until April unfortunately.

As for extending my membership, I signed up for two years when I joined. I'll extend at some point during those two years, but I'll probably wait to see how much worse the dollar gets first.

To add to this, I don't have a true club to follow, just some of the bigger ones that are on television more here in the States and that's not even close to the real thing.

I signed up for MyFC to learn more about the English football game, to get a better understanding of what makes it tick at a level lower than the EPL and, in time, develop a connection with the club.

Since everything has started, I've received a crash lesson in the passion and commitment of English football fans and their clubs. I respect that a lot... It is something you don't see much of in the States...

And I've only signed up for one year, but will add another year after New Year's...

rvr cool

6 % ( about 1,500 ) have memberships of 2 or more years, they start when the club is purchased. Before people say only 6 % , 94 % dont have more than a year, the ability to upgrade was only available yesterday, and when most joined, they joined for a year as they hadnt thought about anything else at the time.

A Car Share thread has just started on the MYFC forum to try and boost numbers going to Stafford Rangers on Dec 29. Hope to see you there.

What on earth is wrong with you and JP, are you trying to push the self distruct button for our beloved club, insomuch that it appears we could go down the pan as other clubs have without help fom other sources. How many Southern football fans buy MU and other out of area shirts without even going to their matches

Are you prepared to put a substantial amount of your dosh in the kitty to save us going down the MYFC route. We can just hope that a true fan can win the lottery and save us from your continual whinging. Mind you I suppose the pair of you would crack on about that.

At the end of the day if it goes pearshaped, we can always revert (as spectators) and go up the Farm and watch the matches up there on a cold Saturday afternoon. Dunno about you. I still want to watch matches at Stonebridge.

devil

They have a button the Myfc site to extend membership. Bloody marvellous considering it's not official yet.

Well this is a good one for my first post!

Not sure what the problem is here? They're extending membership to Myfc. If the deal with the Fleet falls through, they'll still be looking for a different club.

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
We can just hope that a true fan can win the lottery and save us from your continual whinging. Mind you I suppose the pair of you would crack on about that.

Bill, I hold my hands up. I had a bad day yesterday. Rather than beating the wife and kids when I got home I thought I would vent my frustration out on here. argue You know the old saying take it on those you love the most cuddle . When I awoke this morning I realised I had ridiculed someone who had decided to invest in the club. frown It was wrong of me. rsheard, yorkfox, rvr and little friejose please accept my apologies. giveup

We can just hope that a true fan can win the lottery

This is also what I have been hoping.
If I won the lottery, I'd be in there like a flash.

Suppose I should start buying lottery tickets to stand a chance though :-)
Keep the faith.

We can just hope that a true fan can win the lottery and save us from your continual whinging. Mind you I suppose the pair of you would crack on about that.

Bill, I hold my hands up. I had a bad day yesterday. Rather than beating the wife and kids when I got home I thought I would vent my frustration out on here. argue You know the old saying take it on those you love the most cuddle . When I awoke this morning I realised I had ridiculed someone who had decided to invest in the club. frown It was wrong of me. rsheard, yorkfox, rvr and little friejose please accept my apologies. giveup

Well said.

It takes a grown up to admit he acted in haste. The less mature (in personality though not always in years) continue to keep digging themselves a hole. And to be fair you have posted some pretty open minded & fair things on here & the MyFC forum.

Pity we cannot say the same about everybody, but there you go.