Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

1st April ....

DorkingDave

I really think now that DFC Limited should just see the season out as best they can and tell the council they will leave at the end of it.

Then the family can leave with honour and get DFC going somewhere else if they see fit, and prove to everyone it was indeed the council holding them back.

The town can say thanks for the last few years and acknowledge the work they did when they took over.

If they say that soon, then all parties can put their plans to the council and they can decide who is best set to make the best use of the facility and get Dorking Football back on its feet.

I dont want to see my money going to the lawyers, thats the council tax, the rent I pay as a fellow commercial tenant, my advertising money I gave the club when they had the grace to take it, my ticket money and my beer money.

As I understand it, the date is not 'set-in-stone'

We all know how fickle courts can be.

TSF is correct. A CROWN Court hears criminal cases, and a COUNTY Court, civil cases.

If this date is up-held for a hearing, then it will be DFC LTD's application to the Court for a new lease and even if we lose THAT hearing we are still a protected tenant !

How long does an appeal take these days ? Well over 12 months just for starters.

But whats the point in them fighting on?

they might stay for a while as it drags through the courts system but at what cost? If the directors want to throw their own money at it fair enough, but why didnt they just pay for the upkeep?

they said they wouldnt spend money while the future was in doubt.

well its in bloody doubt now thats for sure.

and what level will the club be at when its sorted?

intermediate?