Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 22nd Dec

The officials done ok yesterday, not sure which official Mr Panayotiou was but 1 of the linesman helped the referee out wen a bit of handbags broke out and he got the decision to send 1 player off from each side spot on! Didnt notice the other linesman so he must of done well!

London Colney are bankers to finish bottom! Altho credit to them for putting in 100% commitment, they must of had an average age of about 19!

Originally Posted By: blues06
The officials done ok yesterday, not sure which official Mr Panayotiou was but 1 of the linesman helped the referee out wen a bit of handbags broke out and he got the decision to send 1 player off from each side spot on! Didnt notice the other linesman so he must of done well!
London Colney are bankers to finish bottom! Altho credit to them for putting in 100% commitment, they must of had an average age of about 19!

I was that Assistant Referee 'bench side'. No choice with the sending offs. The Referee and I both saw the incident and we were just confirming what had occured before cards were issued.

1 of the linesman helped the referee out when a bit of handbags broke out

Well that rules Mr Panayotiou out straight away, he doesn't strike me as the sort of person to jump in with both feet when the fists are flying

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
1 of the linesman helped the referee out when a bit of handbags broke out

Well that rules Mr Panayotiou out straight away, he doesn't strike me as the sort of person to jump in with both feet when the fists are flying

Wrong as usual. I spoke to the Referee.

the right decision i thought. London Colney player raised both hands and our player put he's head into his face!!
How the hell did the ref give the free kick to London Colney tho, that whole incident started with an awful tackle by the london colney striker on our winger??

The reaction of the players baffled us in relation to the re-start. Either 22 players were right or the Referee and I were wrong.

Was discussed with the FA Assesor after and he agreed with us. First foul was by Broxbourne player.

trust me, u and the ref were wrong!!
their number 9 lunged in 2 footed from behind on our number 11!
even all their players couldnt believe it!!
didnt go down well with our bench as they then scored from the free kick lol

Blues06,

We all know that refs and winos don't see the same as the players on a pitch. grin

trust me, u and the ref were wrong!!
their number 9 lunged in 2 footed from behind on our number 11!
even all their players couldnt believe it!!
didnt go down well with our bench as they then scored from the free kick lol

The first thing that the Assesor said after the game was that we got the re-start correct! If we were wrong then he would have told us. I can only go by what I saw from my angle and the Referee and Assesor saw it that way.

Your 'bench' gave me the wisdom of their opinion after the free-kick led to a goal!!!

Originally Posted By: petethegreek

You just come across as a little bit timid that's all. Anyway I hope you are gearing yourself up for next Saturday as I'm sure there are going to be fun and games at Coles Park, the Haringey players won't stand for Sport London e Benfica's antics particularly the Klinsmann and Ronaldo style diving. I believe the Referee is Mr Saggers who will be in for a busy afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

You just come across as a little bit timid that's all. Anyway I hope you are gearing yourself up for next Saturday as I'm sure there are going to be fun and games at Coles Park, the Haringey players won't stand for Sport London e Benfica's antics particularly the Klinsmann and Ronaldo style diving. I believe the Referee is Mr Saggers who will be in for a busy afternoon.

I don't do timid.

I'm looking forward to the game between 2 of the top teams in the division. Should be entertaining.

I don't class Sport London e Benfica as one of the top teams in the division and haven't done so from day one. Their victories this season have come against Amptill, Buckingham, Harpenden, Winslow, Amersham, Arlesey, Bedford, Bedford Town Reserves and Cranfield, all average teams, whereas their defeats have come against Haringey, Hoddesdon (twice), Royston, Kentish Town, New Bradwell and Stony Stratford. I rest my case.

So would you also class Kentish Town as one of the top teams, we're currently second in the table

Originally Posted By: Football Man
But so do you when people meet you in person. It's only on the internet that you come across as a total wally!

Football Man - I think you need to be far more concerned about being voted the worst banterer on the Forum by a number of people:

The Categories are:

The Worst Banterer - Football Man

The Award Ceremony will be held early in the new year.

League table shows 1st versus 4th.

That to me is two of the top teams in the division.

Peter, I would say we are 8th in the running at the moment, about 8 points off the pace, taking into account the games in hand etc. It should be an interesting game if anything.