Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 1st Jan

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
DIVISION TWO
Mursley United 3-2 Padbury United
The 61 FC (Luton) 0-1 Crawley Green

The attendances were 62 & 67 respectively - not bad for clubs with previous averages of 39 & 12.

I bought the last programme at Mursley United - at 11:15am! There were a few disgruntled groundhoppers that turned up in the remaining 45 minutes before kick-off!

Originally Posted By: Football Man
I bought the last programme at Mursley United - at 11:15am!

So you went to Mursley United v Padbury United today then

AWK - Your Reserve Team Coach took his time to get it to you then but better late than never, happy new year

To be fair the only other time I have been down there was Boxing Day, and I don't recall seeing him there that day. I see our highest attendance is better than yours now Rhodes, playing on New Years Day obviously has its merits, but we were probably helped out by the lack of other SSML games today. Happy New Year to you as well, and everyone else on here.

AWK - Yes you must have been delighted with your attendance today however, correct me if I'm wrong, I vaguely remember you telling me that you don't charge punters to come in and rely on bar takings for income. How many programmes did you print for the game out of interest, I normally print between 70 and 90 for games to ensure we always have enough and then use any surplus for spares or publicity material when I go out on the road looking for funding, they go down a storm.

Happy New Year to you too Horace.

Yes it was a fantastic attendance Rhodes, and you remember right there is no charge at 61FC but we did sell a lot of badges etc as well as having a good day with the bar takings. Its just a shame that we don't get more down the club on a regular basis, but there does seem a lot of apathy towards non league football around Luton.

I only print 30 programmes Rhodes, as HTFCew said our average attendance is only 12 so it is normally enough to cover it. Should we face a side with big support, then I will print more. In the Sunday Cup a couple of months or so ago when our Sunday team played Bury Park I printed some 150 programmes, that felt never ending!!

Yes but my point was that you bought the programme at 11.15 when the kick off was at 12.00 so I was confused as to why you arrived at Mursley so early, you could have stopped off there to buy a programme on your way to another game. Did you also go to a game kicking off at 3.00 yesterday.

Football Man - I see one of the anoraks on another's Forum went to Mursley yesterday or was it you posting under a different name, you didn't mention that it was free to get in:

Spartan South Mids League Division Two

Mursley Utd. 3 Padbury Utd. 2

Attendance approx. 45

Admission free, prog £1

Cracking way to start off the new year. The game ebbed and flowed and could have gone either way although ultimately Mursley just about deserved the points, with the winning goal coming late in the game. Some good football was on offer on a very good playing surface. Ground was a more or less enclosed and roped off. There was cover on one touch line. The tea bar was up and running in good time and did good business too. The very helpful secretary even went home to run off an extra programme for a fellow hopper when they all sold out. They were not going to bother to issue until I rang the previous Saturday evening to confirm the fixture and on asking about a programme was told they would do something as I was a hopper coming from so far away. This they duly did.

About 15-20 hoppers were present. I suspect all enjoyed the game. I'd certainly recommend a visit here. A very friendly little club.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
DIVISION TWO
Mursley United 3-2 Padbury United
The 61 FC (Luton) 0-1 Crawley Green

The attendances were 62 & 67 respectively - not bad for clubs with previous averages of 39 & 12.

I bought the last programme at Mursley United - at 11:15am! There were a few disgruntled groundhoppers that turned up in the remaining 45 minutes before kick-off!

I honestly didn't know they produced a programme, so I wasn't disgruntled. I'm sure it used to be just the pitch and a small hut when I played there 15 years ago, nice to see they've made some improvements.

Just for the record Mr. Rhodes, I don't live in Wales either. It was a cracking game, although to my mind it was pretty much Mursley dominating the possesion, with Padbury occasionally threatening with a quick long ball over the top.

MKJames - I liked the Padbury No.7. He was one of the few players who actually looked like a footballer! I would have liked to see him get more of the ball as he had bundles of pace but did't get much chance to show if he had the footballing skill to match (I suspect he hasn't, otherwise he would be at a much higher level!). I also thought that the Mursley right back started to link up the attacks more in the second half and this gave them more attacking impetus and a firmer grip on the game. The winning goal was a good passing move and gave the home side a deserved victory but the visitors can feel disappointed at having held out for so a battling draw only to be denied in the fifth minute of stoppage time.

Your point being...?

Why didn't you mention that it was free to get in. Also who did you drive with out of interest and which game did you go to afterwards, did you not consider getting up to the Birmingham area for a 3.00 game and then going to Aston Villa v Tottenham for their 5.20 start or is that what you did do.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Why didn't you mention that it was free to get in.

For what purpose?

Also who did you drive with out of interest

None of your business. Why would you find it "interesting"?

which game did you go to afterwards

Again, none of your business. Although you may be "interested" to learn that I sat with an SSML committee member at the 3pm game, even though it wasn't an SSML game and I didn't see any League Officials at the earlier game which was in the SSML.

did you not consider getting up to the Birmingham area for a 3.00 game and then going to Aston Villa v Tottenham for their 5.20 start

I did consider going to Thimblemill Rec (2pm KO), then Aston Villa but chose not to.