Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Question for Players and Managers

Krooner

Something happened to me and I am interested in your views.

team A win a corner. As the ball is played in I see a defender from Team B pulling back a striker from Team A. As I see this the ball falls to a Team A player at the far post. He is 1 yard out and has an open goal. He misses. I didnt award the penalty but gave a goal kick. When I explained the to the Striker who was fouled that I couldnt bring it back after I had let his other player shoot he said fair enough. If it happens again should I award the penalty and face the wrath as the player scores next time ?

In hindsight I personally feel I should of given the penalty and I will do that from now on. If it were outside the box if I allowed a shot at goal I would never bring the ball back as the team have had their advantage.

I have had this too. When the team sheets were brought in the manager of one side told me that they never wanted me to play the advantage. So what do I do with that ?

Well you can guess what happened. Foul committed, I award the free kick, ball falls to striker who hammers it into the net. Team go mental. I tell them what the mangager asked and cautioned 2 of them for dissent. Would never do it again.

Originally Posted By: Krooner
Something happened to me and I am interested in your views.

team A win a corner. As the ball is played in I see a defender from Team B pulling back a striker from Team A. As I see this the ball falls to a Team A player at the far post. He is 1 yard out and has an open goal. He misses. I didnt award the penalty but gave a goal kick. When I explained the to the Striker who was fouled that I couldnt bring it back after I had let his other player shoot he said fair enough. If it happens again should I award the penalty and face the wrath as the player scores next time ?

Depends if i was Team A or Team B.....obviously

Ha my sentimenst exactly Gaffs.

Ref we had Saturday loved a bit of advantage, would allow play to go on for good while and see what happened if a goal wasnt scored he would pull play back, by that time we had forgotten what the fouls were for so couldnt argue with his decision ha.

A similar thing happened in the Fulham V Newcastle match last month. Alan Smith was fouled in the box and the ball rolled into the path of James Milner, the ref playing the advantage, who shot at goal but Niemi saved. The ref then blew his whistle and awarded the penalty with Joey Barton scoring and making it 1-0 in the 93rd minute - I was fuming but then a couple of days later realised it wasn't so bad as that defeat led to Sanchez being given the boot!

Personally I think you made the right decision...

Originally Posted By: PBizzle
Ha my sentimenst exactly Gaffs.

Ref we had Saturday loved a bit of advantage, would allow play to go on for good while and see what happened if a goal wasnt scored he would pull play back, by that time we had forgotten what the fouls were for so couldnt argue with his decision ha.

What were Wembley like on Sat PB??