Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Town - home form

OldTowner

Steve Valendia was playing football - even on that difficult surface.

On at least one occasion working with Andy Jones and Ossie foster on the right flank where the surface was easier he set Ossie away unmarked in the penalty area and demonstrated what could possibly have been achieved at the drier end of the pitch. (Did any of you notice that the surface was less greasy at the railway end).

How many times in the second half did Basti - who was my man of the match - get away down the left flank in the second half only to find no support where it mattered. OK we had lost RH but AJ was flagging, BH was not keeping up with play which left Dave looking for Michael Deane or waiting for support. It is my view that SV would have given more options. The substitution, I know as I heard Jim speaking to Rudi, decision was made around 15 to 20 minutes before the half time whistle.

It seems to me to be a clear case of player favouritism which is not justified on form or discipline. JC has to live by results and the result yesterday may have dished hopes of a play off place. The only good thing about yesterday is that RH will not be in the side for another 3 games at least.

BTW did anybody hear Huckabee's speach after his defeat in the latest pre-presidential race.

"We do not loose the game just finishes early".

I like it and we should consider that is what happens with our home form. The game does not last long enough.

What will abbey nut et al make of that excuse!

Originally Posted By: Steph
Steve Valendia was playing football - even on that difficult surface.

On at least one occasion working with Andy Jones and Ossie foster on the right flank where the surface was easier he set Ossie away unmarked in the penalty area and demonstrated what could possibly have been achieved at the drier end of the pitch. (Did any of you notice that the surface was less greasy at the railway end).

How many times in the second half did Basti - who was my man of the match - get away down the left flank in the second half only to find no support where it mattered. OK we had lost RH but AJ was flagging, BH was not keeping up with play which left Dave looking for Michael Deane or waiting for support. It is my view that SV would have given more options. The substitution, I know as I heard Jim speaking to Rudi, decision was made around 15 to 20 minutes before the half time whistle.

It seems to me to be a clear case of player favouritism which is not justified on form or discipline. JC has to live by results and the result yesterday may have dished hopes of a play off place. The only good thing about yesterday is that RH will not be in the side for another 3 games at least.

I have to agree with you on the segment I have quoted!!