Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

attendances 17.5% down

Uncle Urchin

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
You hardly win a home matche for seven years,and see if your attendances drop or not. (also we havn't got the likes of Horchurch any more)

I did try to tell steph that we brought 400 to that first game of the season (which booste attendances for the year) but he insisted it was only 50....

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
75 at most.I think half the fans from both clubs were still on Holiday.

it was a lot more than that LS as we all wore cheap replica ET shirts to avoid you being embarrassed in front of the SD freeloaders/damn/sorry officials grin

was that steph outside the ground with the plastic bucket...?

Originally Posted By: andyetfc
Down by 17.5% is worrying and it is something which needs to be addressed.

While the 17.5% Home crowd drop in numbers is particularly worrying especially when a team is doing well of even greater concern is how can someone improve their golf score by 30% (17 shots) in one week?

If you were a racehorse you'd be swabbed.
If you were a professional cyclist you'd be swabbed and then deny any positive results.
If you were Brittany Spears they'd take your kids off you.

How can that sort of enhanced performance be explained?

I play social golf with a bloke that uses The Cumulus Method for scoring. When asked after a hole what his score was he pensively gazes skyward in what would think was a mental replay of the hole where in fact we suspect he is looking for a cloud shaped as a number that he would like to have as a score on that hole.

No doubt there will be a stewards enquiry.

smile

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
yes you are getting to be the wealdstone of the 21st century...no fcker watches you at home but zillions travel away...... grin

Unc,
Looks like Home crowds are down everywhere.
Crowds at Hornchurch this season would be of some concern as well I would think.

While you are averaging 425 per RPL Home game which equates with 425 after 12 rounds last seaon and 425 ( a statistical coincidence)per game for the 21 matches of the whole season last year, there has been a decline over the last 9 rounds after bumper crowds against Billericay(1030) and Chelmsford(806) in the first three matches, to see AFC Hornchurch averaging 320 per game. A 19% decline on last season's average.

Last season you had only 2 games in the first 12 with under 400 attending at Home..this season you have had only 2 games in the the first 12 with over 400 (Billericay/Chelmsford) attending.

I see that your two biggest Home crowds last year were CI (751) and Enfield Town (613).