Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

attendances 17.5% down

Uncle Urchin

Originally Posted By: waggamick
As far as declining crowds are concerned, I was wondering:
How many clubs are there within a 5 mile radius of Enfield?
Do they all play on Saturdays at the same time?
What are their crowds like?
Do you have Saturday afternoon shopping in the area?

It doesn't seem to make much difference is Spurs or Arsenal are at home at not, or shopping..etc.ETFC started with 250 hardcore fans and we still carry those fans to this day.We rarely get casual supporters from other clubs or support from the rest of Enfields massive population (nearly 1/2 million residents).WHY?? Who knows.obviously our consistantly poor home form doesn't help,but we get good coverage in all the widely read local papers,we actively promote the club in the local community and have done lots of things to draw in new support.Maybe its just Brimsdown.Its not the most welcoming or pleasing area of Enfield to visit.I still maintain that if we gained promotion and eventually moved to a better location in Enfield we would easily attract crowds of 350-400 every week.

Originally Posted By: waggamick
Ahh...Horses for Courses!

My love/hate relationship with golf is based on the fact that a 61 last week can be a 44 this week....a par on the 5th is followed by a triple bogie on the 6th!

Congrats on the 44...enjoy it now!!!

I enjoyed it on Saturday and Sunday and am still enjoying it. I will stop enjoying it when I shoot a 58 next time round.

Wagga mate he got lucky, Rock Steady went overboard in the cafe & had an extra large brekie that included chips so he was struggling around the course and when we got to the first tee I remembered I didnt have my fruit pastiles, I cant play without my fruit pastiles, its the law to have them.

It was also raining and the score card got smudged so the final scores are not really clear, therefore Saturdays scores are void. biggrin1 biggrin1

New course, a nobbled RS, a player without his medication and disputed record of events...sounds like a shambles.

All excuses that I can use in the future!

Golfing mates were calling me '10 under' there for a while.

I kept saying..."If I hadn't _________________ (Insert here: Got under that tree; Picked a 4 Iron; Put too much break in that putt; Putted instead of chipped on; etc; etc ).

Thet reckoned that you add up all the 'If I hadn'ts' and I'd be 10 under every round.

I don't do that any more.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

It doesn't seem to make much difference is Spurs or Arsenal are at home at not, or shopping..etc.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of lower league and non-league and pub sides in that there seems to be a football club on every corner.
I was just wondering if that many clubs were all playing at the same time you would see a dilution of the possible fan base.

I mentioned Saturday afternoon shopping because it has had direct and indirect influences on match attendance in Wagga over the years.
Young guys get part time jobs and it has impacted on teams in that they are unavailable for training (Shops are open Thursday nights as well)and there is a trend toward them giving up team sports in favour of individual pursuits(Motorbikes, Computer Gaming, etc).
Not only aren't they playing team games but their family, friends, girlfriends, and girls in general(Who'd rather attend The New Church of Consumerism)aren't going to football games.

Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
Originally Posted By: enfield_paul
Originally Posted By: urchin_mentalist
munch!

that must make your day.

very very sad.

Yes paul,and that is a great munch as well.
I happy you dirty fat yid scumbag,hope you get stuffed by our under 8's tomorrow numbnuts!

thats not even english. anyway will report to the moderators the racist abuse.

so to confirm, the highlight of your day is writing on another teams forum, and waiting for someone to react to a deliberately stupid post of yours. If I ever get like that, then someone shoot me.