Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
arena boy

Speedway 2008

With the new Speedway season starting in March who is going to be crowned 2008 Elite League champions?.

Lakeside Hammers

C'mon u 'ammers

I'll go along with Swindon

Kings Lynn to take the Premier, and if the promotion/relegation play off ever happens they will beat Belle Vue.

GB probably won't win the World Cup.

Sky will show Chris Harris winning the British Grand Prix another 50 odd times.

End of predictions.

If you get the chance, read 'Simmo: The whole truth'. Just finished it, good book!

Anyone going to any meetings? I'll be at Kings Lynn on Good Friday, and Mildenhall on Easter Sunday. (Weather permiting)

I think that my predicition will be a dead cert and that is that my team, Sittingbourne Crusaders, will finish bottom of the conference again!

Only got to see 12 and a bit heats at Mildenhall yesterday, after a nasty crash on the first bend sent a couple of riders (and the medical staff) off to hospital.

Still at least the 'Fen Tigers' made more of a fist of it than last week.

Anyone else been to a meeting this season?

Not yet but my first should hopefully be Rye House v Sittingbourne conference cup meeting may 3rd.

Interesting line up for the Grand Prix season.

http://www.british-speedway.co.uk/news.php?extend.2022

Two in Denmark, two in Poland and the British grand prix in a country without a regular speedway track. Return to Wembley? Who knows?

If Lakeside could have kept the team fit for longer than they did, I'm sure that the playoff final would have been a tighter affair. Losing riders like Shields and Kylmakoorpi is a massive blow for any team.

Question for any Arena fans out there - is that gonna be Leigh Lanham's last season? Has been a great servant, but his time is up in my opinion.

Anyone know how to get tickets for the World Cup round at Peterborough?

I've e-mailed them and they said look on Speedway.tv but that dosen't have anything on it for this meeting only Denmark!

Sounds about right for the BSPA, promote other countries meetings and train their riders but ignore whats on their own door step!

They announced the tickets were on sale, on Sky Sports, Saturday night. Still can't find it on the site though!

Anyone got any idea whats going on?

Even the Speedway GP site only has the opening round in Denmark on it.

Try this though SWC tickets

Got them!

Thanks MbrunoB!!

I used to love Speedway when Wimbledon had a stadium !

Sadly too many places now USED to have a speedway track.

It would be nice if it went back to Wembley, we would go to the Grand Prix then. The first four meetings I went to were there.

1973 England v Sweden/GB v Rest of World

and World Team Cup

1974 European Final

1975 World Final, That bloke Olsen won it, whatever became of him?

I was at all those as I was taken to all the major meetings there from about 72 onwards plus a couple of league matchs as my dad was a supporter of Wembley Lions. Speedway is credited as the reason that Sir Arthur Elvin made the stadium pay after he bought it and installed the sport there.

A decent design for the new stadium and it would have been posible in the same way it is at the millenium stadium.

Of course speedway was responsible for the bad pitch at this seasons FA Cup semi final's according to a certain scottish manager of a losing side and after all it is only 17 years and 5 months since the last meeting there and a completely different stadium but as usual facts only get in the way of a good rant!

Keep your eye on a lad called Todd Kurtz, I saw him ride for Newport Hornets on Sunday, looks useful!

Been reading plenty of reviews about him and they all rate him very highly.

Be nice if we had a few Brits that were up to the standard of some of these young Australians