Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NEW MANAGER OR NOT ?

spoton

Originally Posted By: Steph
It seems to me that there are many more clubs that are ambitious in this league than either the southern league or the Essex Senior League.....

Bit of a sweeping statement Steph mate, cant disagree but my point was the football, the grounds, the banter was much better in the southern league & exciting, the last two seasons I struggle to remember much at all, indeed I believe our best football last season was played in the first half of the play off semi against Sudbury.

Originally Posted By: Gazza
the banter was much better in the southern league & exciting,

what about the refs and the flats balls, feck me you are stooping low now...

Only a couple of miles down the road and win or lose, as we do, take it on the chin, join us you will be welcome......

The Town supporter in question looked to be about 70 years old as well.I saw him involved in a barmy with a fellow pensioner and his 50 year old son from the Abbey.Not sure what happened as only saw the end of the ruck.I do know that the son was ejected from the ground and that a large group of Abbay fans were gloating and getting over exited about the details of the scrap,as they were getting into their cars after the game.

Originally Posted By: Steph
There are lots of others. If Borg or Roberts came to the club it is likely that we would have the same disciplinary problems as now and it is doubtful that they could achieve anything with little money.

Think of players that have played for Town.

What about Marting St Hilaire he certainly developed his son's talent and was a loyal club man.

Paul Turner - really got the team playing well.

Current players what about Bryan Hammet he has demonstrated an ability to pull the team together but may not improve discipline to a great extent.

Now Greg Heald. Someone posted that he is/was a teacher so can communicate. He must have contacts with former football league players and has marshalled the defence somewhat.

All of the above would be taking on management for the first time and would be fairly cheap, one would have thought, may be just the job to instill some enthusiasm and DISCIPLINE.

I don't disagree with your philosophy Steph but the man I want to sign as towns next manager is former member of the crazy gang Dean Holdsworth. I first heard of him doing schools work in Bishops Stortford coaching a few weeks ago, and currently manager of rivals Redbridge FC. If the Board was able to persuade Burk Gravis to see if he could be part of a deal (Haringay Sports Development) then I think Town could have an excellent possibility to sign a guy with a pedigree and a passion for the game.

Originally Posted By: abbeynut
.....your supporter attacking a 76 year old Abbey supporter the other week.......

Attacking? blimey talk about dramatic, as it turns out to be nothing but a verbal exchange, you dont write for the Enfield Advertiser do you? biglaugh