Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey pitch application

Heard on the ol grapevine (never a trustworthy source!) that Haringey are planning to put down an artificial pitch. Any truth in this Rhodes?

No, I haven't heard anything about this but I am meeting with one of the Ward Councillors soon so I will enquire, she will carry out some investigations on my behalf.

Jonno

You only had the ask. Why go to the tea boy? Yes its true. Only 3rd non league team in the country and it will be the best surface going and the only way forward. If it proceeds all teams visiting for the first time will be able to train on it the week before they play on it free of any charge. There are a number of issues to resolve first and time is short but hopefully it will proceed.

Doug,

Thanks for the info. What sort of cost is involved and will HBFC be applying for a grant of some sort?

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
No, I haven't heard anything about this

Call yaself a supporter???

We spent years trying to tie up a deal to go to new river and having agreed it in principle the council moved the goalposts so we backed out.

The cost is astronomic and we won't be seeking funding due to the fact that the money on offer is limited and we will use it for the next phase which will be the new stand , dressing rooms, public toilets etc.

Will mean our 9 teams can play on it , saving on the cost of hirng external facilities and we will obviously be able to train on it.

In addition any spare hours will go towards hiring it out and hopefully will meet the loan repayments. If not bankruptcy looms but what the hell, we would have lived the dream as Risdale of Leeds once said.

By the time we get there hopefully the Ryman will have changed their views, only time will tell.

Originally Posted By: Doug
Jonno
Yes its true

I suppose this is all 'Sugar's' idea is it, if so it will never get off the drawing board in a million years like his glass fronted stand

Jonno
Yes its true

I suppose this is all 'Sugar's' idea is it, if so it will never get off the drawing board in a million years like his glass fronted stand

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We spent years trying to tie up a deal to go to new river and having agreed it in principle the council moved the goalposts so we backed out.

The cost is astronomic and we won't be seeking funding due to the fact that the money on offer is limited and we will use it for the next phase which will be the new stand , dressing rooms, public toilets etc.

Will mean our 9 teams can play on it , saving on the cost of hirng external facilities and we will obviously be able to train on it.

In addition any spare hours will go towards hiring it out and hopefully will meet the loan repayments. If not bankruptcy looms but what the hell, we would have lived the dream as Risdale of Leeds once said.

By the time we get there hopefully the Ryman will have changed their views, only time will tell.

Interesting thanks for your input Doug i've always followed HBFC since i played against them for beaconsfield and you had a little genius in midfield called Leon great player. i think with regard to your catchment area and possible new development your future will be bright.

You mean Leon Rolle, yes that's the guy Barnet tried to tap up with a brown envelope behind the stand after 'we' beat them 4-1 in the FA Youth Cup, he's surprisingly still at Coles Park after a spell at Enfield.

Doug talks about 'our' proposed move to the New River Sports Centre a few years back however it was the Club, not the Council, who put paid to that exciting venture, it was all signed sealed and delivered until the then Haringey Chairman Peter Lawlor ruffled the feathers of a number of individuals in the corridors of power at the Civic Centre.

You mean Leon Rolle, yes that's the guy Barnet tried to tap up with a brown envelope behind the stand after 'we' beat them 4-1 in the FA Youth Cup, he's surprisingly still at Coles Park after a spell at Enfield.
Doug talks about 'our' proposed move to the New River Sports Centre a few years back however it was the Club, not the Council, who put paid to that exciting venture, it was all signed sealed and delivered until the then Haringey Chairman Peter Lawlor ruffled the feathers of a number of individuals in the corridors of power at the Civic Centre.

Not surprised about that! Leons a great player as for the rest very interesting!

Interesting maybe but as usual a pack of lies. Don't forget i have all the paperwork which includes the minutes of meetings and the subsequent correspondence that i dealt with.Try posting about things you actually know about. Goodbye, it was nice knowing you.

Doug - I have all the paperwork too including a copy of the Coles Park lease, do you want me to scan some of it in and start posting it on here.

By the way I assume our paths have crossed.

Rhodes you really are thick.

Have a look at my name. It might give you a clue as to who i am.

Seeing as you could never work out who 3 praise is i will spell it out for you.

You have for a year and a half abused me on virtually every single thread on this forum and even other forums. Any ideas???

Back to your point. Scan what you like but try not to edit it as you usually do to use as evidence to compound your lies.

I'd be particularly interested in seeing what was actually 'signed sealed and delivered'

I will be passing on your kind comments about Peter. No doubt he will get in touch.