Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Haringey pitch application

Football Man - I didn't think you were 'talking' to me. Andy Julius of Brimsdown Rovers was selected for Montserrat to play against Surinam and duly travelled so I don't know where you got your duff information from. As he indicated in a lengthy article in Non League two weeks ago he was well up for the game and according to 'the great' Kenny Dyer who is standing right next to me as I type he had a blinder in central defence as opposed to his customary right back position.

He wasn't talking to you!

p.s. Andy Julius = ex Hertford Town player. Can we list him as International now?

Horace - This was the article that appeared in the Non League paper a couple of weeks ago, I already had it typed out as I'd sent it to Kenny Dyer who incidentally should be at our game with Hoddesdon tomorrow. Like I said I've no idea where Football Man got his duff information from:

Brimsdown Rovers defender Andy Julius is hoping he can cause one of the biggest shocks in World Cup history on Wednesday.

The 23 year old is set to represent Caribbean minnows Montserrat, ranked the joint lowest national team in FIFA

Thanks Rhodes. No disrespect to Mr Dyer, but, like practically everyone else on here, I'd never heard of him until you started bigging him up.

I'll tell Kenny Dyer that when I see him tonight as he's staying at my place until Sunday, it's not everyday you have a Head Coach of a National team staying with you and the stories he has to tell over our dining room table would make your hair curl, it's certainly a different World at International level.

Quote:

WORLD CUP 2010
CONCACAF
3.5 finals berths

Results
03-02-08 Bermuda 1-0 Cayman Islands
06-02-08 El Salvador 12-0 Anguilla
06-02-08 Dominica 1-1 Barbados
06-02-08 Belize 3-1 St Kitts & Nevis
06-02-08 Nicaragua 0-1 Dutch Antilles
06-02-08 Turks & Caicos Islands 2-1 St Lucia
06-02-08 Aruba 0-3 Antigua & Barbuda

1st stage
The 22 lowest-ranked countries of the 35 entrants have been drawn in 11 two-leg ties:
Aruba v Antigua & Barbuda
Bahamas v British Virgin Islands
Belize v St Kitts & Nevis
Bermuda v Cayman Islands
Dominica v Barbados
Dominican Republic v Puerto Rico
El Salvador v Anguilla
Nicaragua v Dutch Antilles
Surinam v Montserrat
Turks & Caicos Islands v St Lucia
US Virgin Islands v Grenada

The winners advance to the 2nd stage, to which the 13 highest-ranked countries received a bye.

2nd stage
The 12 two-leg ties are:
Aruba or Antigua & Barbuda v Cuba
Belize or St Kitts & Nevis v Mexico
Canada v St Vincent & The Grenadines
Guatemala v Turks & Caicos Islands or St Lucia
Haiti v Nicaragua or Dutch Antilles
Honduras v Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico
Jamaica v Bahamas or British Virgin Islands
Panama v El Salvador or Anguilla
Surinam or Montserrat v Guyana
Trinidad & Tobago v Bermuda or Cayman Islands
United States v Dominica or Barbados
US Virgin Islands or Grenada v Costa Rica

The winners will advance to the 3rd stage.

3rd stage
The four-team round-robin groups will be made up as follows:

Group 1
Aruba or Antigua & Barbuda or Cuba;
Barbados or Dominica or United States;
Bermuda or Cayman Islands or Trinidad & Tobago;
Guatemala or St Lucia or Turks & Caicos Islands

Group 2
Bahamas or British Virgin Islands or Jamaica;
Belize or Mexico or St Kitts & Nevis;
Canada or St Vincent & The Grenadines;
Dominican Republic or Honduras or Puerto Rico

Group 3
Anguilla or El Salvador or Panama;
Costa Rica or Grenada or US Virgin Islands;
Dutch Antilles or Haiti or Nicaragua;
Guyana or Montserrat or SurinamThe group winners and runners-up will advance to the 4th stage.

4th stage
The six countries will play in a single round-robin group. The top three will qualify for the finals. The fourth-placed country will meet the fifth-placed South American country in a two-leg tie for a place in the finals.

Horace - I also thought that but he is actually their Player Head Coach which is all the more impressive, he played in the game against Surinam. As you can see from the above it's a very long haul to South Africa 2010 for Countries such as Montserrat and I do find the qualifying stages very unfair compared to the simplicity in Europe where, for example, we only need to win a group of six to qualify with four of those usually no hopers such as Andorra, Luxembourg and Estonia.

Kenny Dyer was the best Manager in 'our' history so there is a connection, we have spoken at length about the Coles Park pitch and he couldn't believe that there is still no improvement although when I informed him 'Sugar' was still the Chairman he could see why.

I see that 'we' won 1-0 tonight at New Bradwell St Peter which puts 'us' joint top with Kentish Town, it must have been an excellent performance.