Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Loyalty .....

Bumped into an ex-DFC player the other day. He is playing for Horley now.

Of course the subject of Dorking Football Club came up and if he would go back to play.

He told me he would be waiting to see what Lunny is doing next season before deciding where to play.

Why does Steve Lunn receive such loyalty whilst Webby has had so many players pass through this season?

One for Gussy that

Think loyalty cuts both ways. Web seems to drop players when new signings arrive, no wonder they don't stay long. The players want to play football, don't think most of them are to worried about getting payed etc.

Of course the facilities play a big part to, I'll bet the facilities at somewhere lke Ember court have attracted a few players over the years.

I'm not sure on the ex Dorking player now at Horley, most are from the team we have had over the last few years and none of the 2 or 3 new players have come from Dorking?

we gave loyalty to the players too but also the team spirit was fantastic , the players new that myself and steve were loyal to the club and we istalled that in the players , also what tony said has not been forgotten by any of them also the way the club is being run from the top does not make it easy for tony now , no new kit or tracksuits no showers pitch like a ploughed field . we used to look after our players with purchasing new kit , tracksuits warm up tops and also making the pitch playable !!!

Originally Posted By: rusty
we gave loyalty to the players too but also the team spirit was fantastic , the players new that myself and steve were loyal to the club and we istalled that in the players , also what tony said has not been forgotten by any of them also the way the club is being run from the top does not make it easy for tony now , no new kit or tracksuits no showers pitch like a ploughed field . we used to look after our players with purchasing new kit , tracksuits warm up tops and also making the pitch playable !!!

You what? you've had the same kit for a while, and the pitch has been bad since ryman div 2 days. This isn't just a recent occurrence

Think the Templar sponsorship refers to sub-letting the Car Park since they moved offices from the mill, at least that was what I heard from a Temlar employee.

Sponsor should be the one picked up from e-bay the other season really!!!

Oh I forgot, over enthusiastic x-fan, never sanctioned by the bored (sic) blah, blah, blah .....

There is little or no loyalty in football at any level nowadays.

Money talks and it will continue to get worse.

Quite why some player who has bummed his way around the CCL for years feels the need to move to a club, say, 30 miles away for an extra tenner is beyond me.

I know there are a few exceptions but it is a joke!

Originally Posted By: DorkingDave
Bumped into an ex-DFC player the other day. He is playing for Horley now.

Of course the subject of Dorking Football Club came up and if he would go back to play.

He told me he would be waiting to see what Lunny is doing next season before deciding where to play.

Why does Steve Lunn receive such loyalty whilst Webby has had so many players pass through this season?

One for Gussy that

Would this be the ex-player recently bombed out of Banstead for not training. Why has he dropped 2 divisions at his age? And yes it is Horsley.

we had a new kit last season due to a sponsorship deal my uncle did £2500 was the amount the vice chairman only bought new shirts and we bought the rest also i got the away kit through work , the pitch was looked after by players and managers , it is worse now as no one does any thing for the manager and players , no one said the pitch was ever good all i said was we tried to maintain it better !!!

Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham
Quite why some player who has bummed his way around the CCL for years feels the need to move to a club, say, 30 miles away for an extra tenner is beyond me.

I agree with you there Chris. Feltham FC for example don't pay money and we haven't done for a good few years now - all we got back then was a win bonus. To be honest it was just good to be playing at reasonable stadia under lights etc and NOT having to pay £5-£10 subs.

There are some boys who have stayed loyal (me included) but some others have move around for £10/£20 a week and then moan about journey times etc.

Unfortunately nowadays there's too much cash in the game even at our level and players move whilly nilly for a few quid.

wacko where the hell have you been hiding

hows things going at feltham you back playing yet

mate i have been loyal to staines lammas for more years than i can remember and i would not take cash even if it was offered , as a player or now as coach come kitman come groundsman come bar man come dogs body ..........................

Originally Posted By: WackoJackoUK
Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham

I agree with you there Chris. Feltham FC for example don't pay money and we haven't done for a good few years now - all we got back then was a win bonus. To be honest it was just good to be playing at reasonable stadia under lights etc and NOT having to pay £5-£10 subs.

There are some boys who have stayed loyal (me included) but some others have move around for £10/£20 a week and then moan about journey times etc.

Unfortunately nowadays there's too much cash in the game even at our level and players move whilly nilly for a few quid.

You got a moving date for the Arena yet?