Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bury Town won 3-0

AbbeyMan

Twat! As its about 80 miles away & as far as I know no Town fan yet has their own private helicopter hardly surprising that an hour after the final whistle no one is back yet!

As for the game we were shocking, an Andy Jones speculative shot in the first half was our only effort on goal.

Thanks for the update EFC/Cheshunt/Abbey/wherever i can be a fixture sec-MAN

Town scored the first two goals today.TWO own goals.The first when our keeper let a weak shot through his hands at head height ,and then late on when Tickner headed the ball into his own net whilst cushioning a header back to the keeper.Bury scored an offside goal just after to seal the game.Disaster and a shambles.

More info on the game to follow,.

Just think.Playing crap.Tactics,formations and morale at rock bottom.BUT STILL we are miles ahead of the likes of Waltham Abbey who are way down in the bottom half of the league again.Fancy being that ordinary EVERY season? We've experienced a few months of dire mediocraty.Those poor fans (all ten of them) have been suffering it for years.

This is what AbbeyMan has been waiting for................

HEADLINE - Town Bury Town own promotion hopes @ Bury Town

Foster, Campbell, Bastian, Heald, Harvey, Tickner, Simpson, Jones, Crace, Hammatt, Deane, Velandia, Mitchell, Nay, Grieves, Foster

Bury decided to take the game to town and fair play to them Andre Foster saved early on. Greg Heald Headed over from a free kick. Bury Town appeal for a penalty but nothing given. Andre Foster saved at the feet of an approaching striker. Well done Andre. Andre Saved again. Bury Town sky one over the bar. Andre Foster forced to be at his very best to save again. Where is our defence? Andre Saved again. Finally on 31 minutes Sam Reed fired off a fairly minor shot which Andre caught but then dropped over his line! Oh dear 1 – 0 ! Paul Campbell shoots wide. Michael Deane injured. Max Mitchell on for Deane. Paul Campbell was kicked in the chest and ref awards free kick to Bury Town? Derr. Shot from Ricci Crace saved.

Second half Andre saves again. Max Mitchell at the other forces a save from Greygoose. Bury Town shoot wide. Andre Foster saves (x2). Jonah booked. Glenn Harvey calls for Bryan Hammatt to leave a cross for him to be blocked by a defender. Andre Foster saved again. Richard Simpson off and Steve Velandia on. Andre Foster saved again. Bury town then miss a very open goal – How did they miss that? As Bury town appear incapable of scoring Simon Tickner show them the secret of how to score past Andre Foster with a header back on 81 minutes. 2 – 0. Finally Liam Barrett scores even though he was offside. 3 – 0.

Andre is getting a reputation for Teflon fingers but one has to ask what our defence and midfield was doing today. Sooner or later a striker will get lucky with the number of chances they had today.

Get players from bottom of the table clubs and there might just be a reason they were at the bottom of the table?

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Twat! As its about 80 miles away & as far as I know no Town fan yet has their own private helicopter hardly surprising that an hour after the final whistle no one is back yet!

As for the game we were shocking, an Andy Jones speculative shot in the first half was our only effort on goal.

Point taken about the travel... but that's never stopped someone posting updates in the past...

Andre Foster has made too many mistakes.If the management have no faith in Hassler,we must get another keeper in. I've always said we should have re-signed Chopper when JJ left.

Paul Campbell is totally out form.He looks the shadow of the player of a few seasons ago.

Dave Bastian is a decent player,but his play gets messy when he tires.Also fails to track back on occassions when things are going against the team.

Greg Heald and Simon Tickner are not gelling at the moment.Maybe they are too simliar in strengths AND weaknesses.

Jones and Simpson scrapped well without much end product today.

Hammett and Crace were awful today.Bryan lost possession constantly and dished out his usual niggly fouls.Ricci hasn't produced for many weeks either.

Deane is a talent and a player i would like to see seal a regular place in our team,but i'm getting a slightly concerned about his

attitude.Occasionally his head drops and i would have liked to see him make more effort to run the injury off he picked up today.

For the first time since we were formed ,i have got the feeling this month that the team and club are not moving forward.In fact the feeling is that we are treading water/going backwards.That is not acceptable for this club.It needs to change very quick.

Was a) the pitch sticky/bobbly

B) a note over the admission price

c) Bury a '' hellhole ''

or last but by know means least

d) the balls flat

For what it's worth, Redbridge and their team of superstars were bashed up even worse than you today and yes, you've got it, Holdsworth was not happy with the ref.

Being serious for one minute, a team like Enfield Town whilst having no devine right to go up, deserve to IMHO due to the support you have. We had 80 odd there today but at least they were our 80 and none from Redbridge. A few more locals have come along from last week, thanks to you.

Good luck and hopefully your luck will turn soon.

Georges Dad x

Quote:
Was a) the pitch sticky/bobbly

B) a note over the admission price

c) Bury a '' hellhole ''

or last but by know means least

d) the balls flat

For what it's worth, Redbridge and their team of superstars were bashed up even worse than you today and yes, you've got it, Holdsworth was not happy with the ref.

Being serious for one minute, a team like Enfield Town whilst having no devine right to go up, deserve to IMHO due to the support you have. We had 80 odd there today but at least they were our 80 and none from Redbridge. A few more locals have come along from last week, thanks to you.

Good luck and hopefully your luck will turn soon.

Georges Dad x

The entrance fee to get into Bury was a reasonable (NON-rip off) £6..And like most (NON Rip Off) clubs,they didn't force the customer to purchase a programme as part of the enterance fee.Which was also a reasonable £1.20 IF you decided to purchase it.

The pitch was OK

Yes,some of the balls were flat again,but this week the ref was not a schoolboy,so spotted them and changed them when he witnessed the bounce and sound of the said matchballs were incorrect.It seems a lot of clubs only pump their matchballs up at the start of the season and just leave them to slowly deflate throughout the year.

No.ETFC do not have devine right to get promoted,but we do have an infrastructure and fanbase that should be more than enough to provide a great platform to get promoted.When we get beat by midtable teams that have 80 fans,we of course find this hard to accept.

Bury Town is a delight to go to

Admission £6:00 adults.

Goalden Goal £1:00 with £20:00 to winner & £10:00 the minute either side, a brilliant idea.

The bar had info on every table about the club in a magazine style format.

Food & drink excellent.

Good set of fans who enjoyed a chat & a laugh.

A young team (with the exception of Deano in goal) that ran for 90 minutes & fully deserved their win.

A great day out, except for the result.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

The entrance fee to get into Bury was a reasonable (NON-rip off) £6..And like most (NON Rip Off) clubs,they didn't force the customer to purchase a programme as part of the enterance fee.Which was also a reasonable £1.20 IF you decided to purchase it.
The pitch was OK
Yes,some of the balls were flat again,but this week the ref was not a schoolboy,so spotted them and changed them when he witnessed the bounce and sound of the said matchballs were incorrect.It seems a lot of clubs only pump their matchballs up at the start of the season and just leave them to slowly deflate throughout the year.

No.ETFC do not have devine right to get promoted,but we do have an infrastructure and fanbase that should be more than enough to provide a great platform to get promoted.When we get beat by midtable teams that have 80 fans,we of course find this hard to accept.

The club was non-ripoff agreed! The burger man ripped me off for an extra 50p I asked for a plain burger and got one with bacon and charged accordingly. Nothing wrong with the taste just not what i asked for.

Lovely stuff you must be a woman and it's good to see you're over your defeat and mid table Aveley. I was actually trying to point out that I think football needs the likes of Enfield Town and Dartford at a higher level, if only to stop your whinging about this that and the other when you lose.See you next season, although the way we are performing we may pass you on our way from midtable to play offs.

Whinging because we lost????

Those who are regulars on this forum know i would have made exactly the same comments about the things i did IF we had won or lost.The result had no bearing on my observations.

And whether or not we are in the same league next year,i certainly won't be going to Aveley again.Not unless you overhaul your pricing policy,and talking to many other Town fans,they feel exacly the same way.So instead of getting 75+ of us coming in a 7 quid a pop.You'll have about 30 of us at 8.50.You do the math,as the yanks would say.

Another poor result. At least no-one was sent off, that's one good thing I suppose. It's disturbing to hear that the goalie is of doubtful quality (I've only seen him once and he let in 6....not all entirely his fault of course...) yet the consensus seems to be that the previous incumbent was perfectly satisfactory. No doubt the management will dig their heels in and refuse to admit they were wrong, and persevere with the player of lesser ability until the better player leaves the club.

It may be mathematically (statistics don't come into it) possible to scrape the play-offs but it is clearly unrealistic. It would be better, if possible, to make changes now to prepare for a serious title challenge next season. Obviously this will not happen.