Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nike kit approved for next season...

WebEd

Yes Pat, I agree with you on this. As a MyFC member, I made a commitment to treat this whole thing seriously, with the best intentions of the Club involved in the foremost of my mind. If they can't be ars**d to vote on issues like this, how many will be ars**d to renew next year. I know I will but how many will join me??? Hopefully those that voted haven't voted for the Gills replica away kit!!!!! chainsaw

It's a disappointing response but I wonder how much of it was to do with the way the vote was presented - ie, no other options, vote right now, total fait accompli (again, arguably). To a certain extent, why bother voting if it's been formulated in such a way that a yes vote is assured? (I did vote, for the record.)

Why bother voting? Thats ALL that £35 gets the members tho!

Surely all the votes will be of a 'right now' element when it comes to team selection etc...

This isn't a dig at the those who voted, or the choice they made - more a concern over the long term interest in the project known as MyFC

Originally Posted By: Lord Horn
Hopefully those that voted haven't voted for the Gills replica away kit!!!!! chainsaw

The other away kit choices aren't much better. One of them just looks like an England shirt. Some of us wouldn't stoop so low as to wear that trash!!

Thing is, something like 13,809 people voted. Now if it was a close result, say 51% said yes, that's just a little over 7000 or just a quarter of members wanting something.

I can't understand why somebody would join something like that and then not vote, and I'd be worrying about them not rejoining come next year

From the EUFC site...

In terms of the two chosen kit designs, MyFC is hopeful that members will be able to pre-order the kits they voted for in the coming weeks. The chosen home kit and away kit for 2008/09 will be revealed then.

Now, as I read that - it seems that MyFC members ONLY can pre-order kits, but they won't know exactly what kit they are ordering?

Or I am just being stoopid?

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Why bother voting? Thats ALL that £35 gets the members tho!

Surely all the votes will be of a 'right now' element when it comes to team selection etc...

This isn't a dig at the those who voted, or the choice they made - more a concern over the long term interest in the project known as MyFC

Sure, but for something as large as this to have no time between the presentation of the issue and the proposal and voting opening, and then only a week for voting, seems a little abrupt, no? Would a couple more weeks (and a lot more information on other manufacturers, Jako's response, etc) for something that won't occur 'til July or so really have prevented it from happening?

Originally Posted By: Kenny

Sure, but for something as large as this to have no time between the presentation of the issue and the proposal and voting opening, and then only a week for voting, seems a little abrupt, no? Would a couple more weeks (and a lot more information on other manufacturers, Jako's response, etc) for something that won't occur 'til July or so really have prevented it from happening?

Completely agree Kenny - something about the vote being a 'done deal' was mentioned earlier???
But even with the vote on the decision of the chosen club being Fleet, there was hardly an amazing turn-out (is that the right word for an internet vote?)

Originally Posted By: blassberg

I'm hoping people only vote on things that they feel they understand.

While you and others may have blassberg, I think the indication on this and the other votes is that a good proportion of 10,000-15,000 people aren't interested at all, which has to be a worry so early on.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
How can you not know enough to vote on whether to have Nike or not, BUT do know enough to vote on which Nike kit to have.

These are the same people who will be given the chance to select the team, without ever having seen them play.

Originally Posted By: blassberg
i voted on the choice of kit only - I didn't feel I knew enough about the Nike proposition compared to alternatives to vote on that.

I'm hoping people only vote on things that they feel they understand.

I'd rather that than 100% turnout.

If you don't think you have enough information, vote no and tell them why. Once the people in charge start losing a few votes they may start listening

I'm very suprised by that vote. Only 1200 voted no, yet most of the forum debates seemed quite anti.

I certainly thought it would be alot closer and possibly defeated.

For the record I voted no on the grounds that most Nike football stuff is simply rubbish but there you go.