Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Nike kit approved for next season...

WebEd

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: David Holden
How can you not know enough to vote on whether to have Nike or not, BUT do know enough to vote on which Nike kit to have.

These are the same people who will be given the chance to select the team, without ever having seen them play.

yep and we can be friendly and reasonable because we are fellow football fans, joining forums for instance to get your views on issues that we are asked to vote on...

...or you can insult us and we'll do what we like

Originally Posted By: blassberg
Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: David Holden
How can you not know enough to vote on whether to have Nike or not, BUT do know enough to vote on which Nike kit to have.

These are the same people who will be given the chance to select the team, without ever having seen them play.

yep and we can be friendly and reasonable because we are fellow football fans, joining forums for instance to get your views on issues that we are asked to vote on...

...or you can insult us and we'll do what we like

If you thought that was an insult, you may want to reread that and some of the past threads about EUFC fans' concerns about MyFC.

With less than half voting on the Nike deal, those who don't care for MyFC have a little more ammo to fire back and rightly so in this case.

rvr

Patman: "Shockingly, less than half of them could be bothered to vote at all!"

Would you rather have everyone vote in even if they do not feel strongly either way. Go kick your dog or something, but don't take it out on the people that bailed out your football team. Show some respect. Appologize and beg for forgiveness.

Originally Posted By: Leroix

Would you rather have everyone vote in even if they do not feel strongly either way. Go kick your dog or something, but don't take it out on the people that bailed out your football team. Show some respect. Appologize and beg for forgiveness.

Surely it's worthy of discussion though Leroix? If people choose not to vote for whatever principle, that's fine. But are you telling me that's the motivation (or lack of in this case) for all those who didn't vote? Sure, let's not panic just yet, but to ignore the very real fact that a hell of a lot of members did not vote does not augur well for future renewals and to just brush it away and claim the lack of votes are due to x number of reasons seems like sticking your head in the sand to me.

I also don't intend voting for a team selection and formation unless it's based on some intelligence and good intent.

And that's because I do care about not treating this venture lightly.

There are fans with emotional investments and players / staff with livelihoods depending on this.

Both of you are ignoring my point though. I've said it's fine for people to abstain for whatever reason they deem fit. Neither of you have hurt the club in any way by doing so.

But my point remains. Ten thousand or so have not voted and I would hazard a guess that the vast majority have done so for no other reason than apathy. Is this not a cause for concern come next year and renewals crunch time ?

Future renewals? The team should plan properly with the money they have been given, and be greatful for any number of future renewals above 0. They have more money now than ever, and they are not hemmoraging cash anymore. What if nobody gives them any money next year, then they will have to do business like every other football team. I am just tired of criticism from people on this board. I root for The Fleet now, and I am a recent recruit. it seems there are some "long time fans" that hope they fail.

PS What is Rex Quan Do

I paid 35 pounds (don't have that capital L like symbol on my keyboard) to support a team and vote on anything I feel strongly about, and since I don't know which of the last 5 kits the fans favor, I did not vote on the newest one. I will renew, but I hope that fans will be grateful for that. You know that I don't really get anything for it...not even a t-shirt that says "I gave my 35pounds to a non-league English football team and all I got was this t-shirt". I will root for The Fleet. That Is how I will get my money's worth.

The team should plan properly with the money they have been given, and be greatful for any number of future renewals above 0. They have more money now than ever, and they are not hemmoraging cash anymore.

Once the six-figure sum for the purchase is taken out, while there is still a sizeable chunk left, it'll all be gone very very quickly if future renewals aren't forthcoming. And there's the fact that it is a well-quoted fact on MyFC that there is a minimum level of renewal needed to sustain the project. And it's a long way from zero.

And as for your final point, the club is still losing each month what it was losing before - that hasn't magically vanished into thin air (though as perhaps decreased with extra people on the gate and cup runs).

Leroix, you seem to be too sensitive to people having a go at MyFC. Of course people are, it's a new and revolutionary project with no track record of success, it's going to be scrutinised every step of the way. That's natural, it's not necessarily criticism. People at this club want to make sure it's in good hands, regardless of your boundless generosity which individually is only £35, far less than most people on here have put in over years and years. That's why there are questions. True, some people on here won't ever bring themselves to like the idea, but most of us can see the good and bad points.

Rattled ya have I? Love the way the stock "bail out your football team" answer is your reply. I can think of something much more deserving of a good kicking tbh.

So, only half of your members take part in your votes - and I have no respect?

I will NEVER apologise (thats with an 's') for MY opinions...

I paid 35 pounds (don't have that capital L like symbol on my keyboard) to support a team and vote on anything I feel strongly about, and since I don't know which of the last 5 kits the fans favor, I did not vote on the newest one. I will renew, but I hope that fans will be grateful for that. You know that I don't really get anything for it...not even a t-shirt that says "I gave my 35pounds to a non-league English football team and all I got was this t-shirt". I will root for The Fleet. That Is how I will get my money's worth.

Whilst I am sure we all appreciate the relief from debt, new members cannot possibly imagine how annoying it it to be faced with yet another new kit, so soon after our present one. 13 new kits in 8 years is it?
For you newbies it is no big deal. You can get your first Fleet shirt.
For us "ordinary fans on the terrace , it has become beyond a joke.
The benefits of the Nike deal would appear to be in the order of £100,000, but I wonder how many of the new shirts will be worn at the ground, so soon after the Austrian Airlines and Eurostar Jako shirts?
Perhaps MYFC could vote to subsidise the new shirts by £25 if you part exchange an old Fleet shirt? Serious question.