Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday's team?

need to know

With only 11 games to go, and loads of teams around us having games in hand, it looks a big ask for us to reach the play-offs. So going in to Saturday’s game I think I would make a few changes and see how it goes.

I would go with a line up of

Gk - Hasler

Lb - Nyamah

Cb - Harvey

Cb - Heald

Rb - Nay

Lm - Bastian

Cm - Hammatt

Cm – Velandia

Rm – Campbell

St – Foster

St – Deane

I think with Velandia as a holding midfielder it will allow Hammatt to join the forwards with Bastian and Campbell getting down the flanks.

I have gone for Nyamah at left back because when he played there early in the season he look solid and would hold back allowing Bastian to get forward.

OK Jim a fair choice and I don't know what injuries the squad is carrying but I’d go for

Gk – Willis

Lb - Nyamah

Cb - Harvey

Cb - Heald

Rb - Nay

Lm - Bastian

Cm - Hammatt

Cm – Velandia

Rm – Campbell

St – Foster

St – Deane

Sub – Hasler (Confidence thing)

Sub – Gant (if fit)

Sub – Jones

Sub – Tickner

Sub - Simpson

Is Rudi not available?

Originally Posted By: need to know
I think i would have to have a forward on the bench and I think it would be unfair to drop Hasler after one bad....lets say half.

That is where I'd give Jonah a centre forward role or switch him into midfield and move Paul Campbell forward into that role there is nothing that get's a defenders sphincter going more than a forward that runs at defences. PC hasn't seen much chance to run at defences this season. Town fans this season have very little to cheer and a striker running at defenders excites too! Come on a bit of showboating won't hurt and we have nothing to lose by it.

Blimey, since everybody's at it...

(A controversial 3-5-2)

GK Hasler

SW Harvey

CB Heald

CB Gant

RWB Campbell

LWB Bastian

CM Nyamah

CM Hammatt

CM Velandia

CF Deane

CF Foster

Although Crace is unlucky not to get a start, and an in form Jones pushes all of the midfield 3 for a place. Also, were we playing 4-4-2, Marshall would start on the right of midfield.

Originally Posted By: Mini-Smith Towner
I would go for 4-4-2 and the following.

Hasler

Harvey-Gant-Heald-Bastian

Marshall-Velandia-Nyamah-Mitchell

Foster-Deane

**Notice the lack of deadwood in the side - need to freshen things up!!**

No Deadwood? I can see a couple of potential rotting logs in that otherwise decent line-up.

(and No, i won't reveal which individuals i'm refuring too.)

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Hasler

Foster-Deane

No Deadwood? I can see a couple of potential rotting logs in that otherwise decent line-up.

Come on spill the beans, who are the rotting logs then? You pick Jones and Simpson?? Hmmmmmmm.

Point taken about the youngsters, another stale Saturday it is to be then. I agree totally with Lambert, no real point in suggesting changes as they won't happen.

You still think Harvey's not good enough? I assume he is one your logs? Time to admit that you were wrong about him, hence why you see his name on a lot of peoples' team selections.

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff

Hasler

Foster-Deane

Come on spill the beans, who are the rotting logs then? You pick Jones and Simpson?? Hmmmmmmm.

Point taken about the youngsters, another stale Saturday it is to be then. I agree totally with Lambert, no real point in suggesting changes as they won't happen.

You still think Harvey's not good enough? I assume he is one your logs? Time to admit that you were wrong about him, hence why you see his name on a lot of peoples' team selections.

As i said before,i've nothing against Glen as 'cover' or a squad player.I certainly don't think he is what we need to challange for the title (although he probably does deserve his place at the moment when compared to form of our other players).But have performances impoved at all since he has been in the team? If anything,the rot seemed to set in around the time he starting playing regulaly.Although i conceed this is probably nothing more than coincidence,but he certainly hasn't turned our fortunes around,and has been present at the back during our three heaviest defeats.Thats not to say i don't think he is a hardworking solid player.But a top6 defender?? Not for me.Although i would be happy to have him a utility squad player.

With regard to Jones and Simpson.I was picking a team on ability and potential, given the right motivation and direction.I admit both those players are not curently performing anywhere near their potential for the current management team.The same with Velendia.
You have picked Mitchell as a wide right player.For me he would be first choice cover in central midfield.In my opinion,Velendia or Campbell would be better suited wide on the right.

For me, Hasler and Foster are midtable players at best as well,and niether offer a long term sollution for the roles of Keeper and centre forward,but again i wouldn't mind them as cover for those roles.

Ideally, i would only play about 6 or 7 of the team i selected and bring in better quality players for the other positions,but we have to stick with what we've got until next season.

For me,the dury is still out on the likes of Tickner and Bastian as well.