Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Frimley Green 1 Staines Lammas 0

Willo99

Was injured for our away trip to Chertsey last night so i thought id go down and watch the top of the table clash down at the Green.

Lets start with the easy bit, very tight game not many chances. FG scored in the 90th min thanks to a Peter's free kick, which should of been saved by Liam (sorry Liam).

Soon after the goal a FG players is ushering the ball out for a goal kick a staines player trys to win the ball. As the goal kick is awarded the Staines player spits on the FG player, which made it kick off a little bit. The ref didn't take any action against the player. As the whistle went i went off in to the bar, as i looked out the window it was all kicking off. So i went out to have a look. It was pretty much all hand bags which i saw but heard there may have been a few punches thrown. Anyway the two teams get split up. The ref is standing in the centre circle and some 1 goes up to the ref to have a word with him, so wasn't really paying and attention. Next thing i know that this guy has either punched him or pushed him in the face, he then gets pulled away!

I have to say i personally thought the ref had an ok game.

Nut & SL what where your views on it last night?

Willo, just to put one part straight, the guy did not lay a hand on the referee, but it looked like he was going to. When he came face to face with the ref, the ref backed away and the guy stepped towards him again at which point the ref backed away a bit quicker before someone else came on the pitch to drag the guy away.

I will be honest and only comment on the footballing side of the match and the pleasure at meeting Nut.

Football wise I believe it was extremly even, fast tempo and very physical. There were no bad challenges but plenty of hard and fair ones. I truly thought a draw would of been a fair result as neither team created many chances. Well struck free kick to decide it but should of been dealt with by Liam.

Meeting Nut was a plaesure for the short time we got to chat. Sorry we were unable to have a drink but maybe we can have one over at yours in the return fixture. You sir are a credit to Staines Lammas football club.

cheers sl , good game spoilt by a couple of idiots that ruin it for others .

draw looked likely and would have been fair , poor goalkeeping i thought from liam for the goal , harsh free kick to be given but the ref was poor both ways all night so evened things up really.

thoroughly disappointed with our lot and considering my options

sl will have that beer soon mate and how is the little one

Originally Posted By: SurreyLegend
I will be honest and only comment on the footballing side of the match and the pleasure at meeting Nut.

Football wise I believe it was extremly even, fast tempo and very physical. There were no bad challenges but plenty of hard and fair ones. I truly thought a draw would of been a fair result as neither team created many chances. Well struck free kick to decide it but should of been dealt with by Liam.

Meeting Nut was a plaesure for the short time we got to chat. Sorry we were unable to have a drink but maybe we can have one over at yours in the return fixture. You sir are a credit to Staines Lammas football club.

SL almost agree with everything you say in that we should really only talk about the football side of things. Neither team for me did enough to win the game and it was pittering out to a draw until the late free kick, good strike mind you and maybe a little harsh on Liam. Nut is no pleasure, he nicks all your drink and food and did you see him sneak out with the ball up his jumper last night biglaugh

I spoke to you briefly last night but you were reluctant to want to talk to the papparazzi.

can you ask the lady in the kitchen to do more sausage rolls next time as the 15 she did was not enough for me to wash down those sandwiches , one complaint sl where the feck was the burger bar not a sniff of a burger all night , no wonder kroons never comes to watch,

and the pitch was as bald as teffs

Sorry Nut, we dont have a Burger Bar as we are limited on what we can do up there. If you had said i would of sent one of the subs down to MacDonalds for you, my treat. As for the pitch, we are not like other clubs. We decide to sell all the grass during the summer, when the price is high, to the clubs who are relaying their pitches.

So when is the rematch

Sorry Nut, we dont have a Burger Bar as we are limited on what we can do up there. If you had said i would of sent one of the subs down to MacDonalds for you, my treat. As for the pitch, we are not like other clubs. We decide to sell all the grass during the summer, when the price is high, to the clubs who are relaying their pitches.

So when is the rematch

Where he would have met Krooner !!!

So when is the rematch

I think you would have discovered that it was shut that evening - Nut cleared them out of all food on the way to the game. yay

I hear that you are playing midweek games at Ashfords ground to get them all in. Wednesday nights, you could get some of the forum members coming to watch. I think we were trying to get one of the fixtures.

Confirmed midweek fixtures to be played at Ashford Town:

v Worcester Park - Weds 5 March 2008 (ko tba)
v Frimley Green - Weds 19th March 2008 (ko tba)

Originally Posted By: nut250
i will get the beers in as long as you all buy me a burger

deal or no deal
Wednesdays at ashford cant wait

That might depend on the BANKER !

bolt